Why. Just why !!!!!

Rickent

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They didn't 'get" that they had moored up outside a pub?

Sorry for my imprecise description but in fact we weren’t moored right outside the pub, we were the other side of the bridge. A seemingly minor point but the significance is that if you moor outside the pub (it’s a hotel really) you get the road noise. If you moor the other side of the bridge it’s much quieter. And we didn’t go to the pub (hotel) as it’s a slightly odd place.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Sorry for my imprecise description but in fact we weren’t moored right outside the pub, we were the other side of the bridge. A seemingly minor point but the significance is that if you moor outside the pub (it’s a hotel really) you get the road noise. If you moor the other side of the bridge it’s much quieter. And we didn’t go to the pub (hotel) as it’s a slightly odd place.

I'm not far from the Cuttle Bridge Inn, could you say a little more about it's oddness?  It might be worth a visit.

14 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I'm not far from the Cuttle Bridge Inn, could you say a little more about it's oddness?  It might be worth a visit.

It isn’t really a pub or inn in the usual sense. It is a budget hotel. I think they have a public bar but never been in. I have been into the building twice.

Once for breakfast - which wasn’t great unless you like quantity over quality. Deep fried sausages and kept-warm-too-long other stuff. But unlimited quantity.

Second time to complain that the content of their laundry baskets were under the bridge courtesy of a rough sleeper, and likely to end up in the cut and /or round our prop at any moment. The reception I got at reception was unhelpful and rude.

12 hours ago, nicknorman said:

It isn’t really a pub or inn in the usual sense. It is a budget hotel. I think they have a public bar but never been in. I have been into the building twice.

Once for breakfast - which wasn’t great unless you like quantity over quality. Deep fried sausages and kept-warm-too-long other stuff. But unlimited quantity.

Second time to complain that the content of their laundry baskets were under the bridge courtesy of a rough sleeper, and likely to end up in the cut and /or round our prop at any moment. The reception I got at reception was unhelpful and rude.

Right, not for me then. Thanks for replying.