Why. Just why !!!!!

Rickent

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Please point out the part of my post where I call anybody "inconsiderate".

I await a satisfactory reply.

Post number 8... "BUT when I moor up I try to moor well away from other boats if at all possible. Maybe everybody is not as considerate as I am. "  which does rather suggest you thought them inconsiderate and enough for you to rant about it. 

You asked the question why, I provided a possible answer. 

...edit to add that now they have indeed proved to be noisy you can go and inform them about the laws governing engines and running times. With luck they read this forum and now feel very embarrassed and will silence it forthwith. 

Edited by Guest

Not as considerate as I , is not a great answer. He is now being very inconsiderate by breaking the terms of his licence by running his engine after 8pm.If he had moored further up the river away from moored boats he could have run his engine to his hearts content without disturbing anyone but now is disturbing me, so for those people that shot me down earlier I do feel my concerns were jusified.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Not as considerate as I , is not a great answer. He is now being very inconsiderate by breaking the terms of his licence by running his engine after 8pm.If he had moored further up the river away from moored boats he could have run his engine to his hearts content without disturbing anyone but now is disturbing me, so for those people that shot me down earlier I do feel my concerns were jusified.

You asked the question in your first post why he would moor so close, it is that question I answered with a possible reason...

....your concerns might be answered now but not perhaps when you ranted, just mooring a short distance from you wasn't really sufficient reason to object. Now you do indeed have reason to rant, but not to suggest your concern would be prophecy. 

Try tapping on their door and suggesting why you chose that mooring?   Take a stout stick. 

Buy a big genny, two large dogs and litter the mooring with empty beer cans.

I absolutely agree it is very annoying when you pick an isolated quiet spot and some person with limited imagination decides it's now a party mooring.

Entirely understandable on visitor moorings when we all need to bunch up and consider others, but out in the wilds ... infuriating.

Rog

Edited by dogless
  • Greenie 4
  • Angry 1

Not as considerate as I am does not make any body inconsiderate , it just makes them less considerate.

You are correct, mooring next to me was not a reason to object, which is why I never approached them and objected. 

I merely asked the question as to why, when the river bank is empty as far as the eye can see. 

It was a slightly light hearted rant that has obviously ruffled a few feathers.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Not as considerate as I am does not make any body inconsiderate , it just makes them less considerate.

You are correct, mooring next to me was not a reason to object, which is why I never approached them and objected. 

I merely asked the question as to why, when the river bank is empty as far as the eye can see. 

It was a slightly light hearted rant that has obviously ruffled a few feathers.

Likewise your own feathers are also thoroughly ruffled  ... I answered the question with possible reasons but perhaps it wasnt light hearted enough. 

p.s.  are they still running the engine? 

Edited by Guest
solicitous query

one reason is if its out there in the sticks it maybe a good thing i dont mind any one morring near myself not right next to me 50 yards away maybe its a good security at times 

1 minute ago, haza said:

one reason is if its out there in the sticks it maybe a good thing i dont mind any one morring near myself not right next to me 50 yards away maybe its a good security at times 

Its not out in the sticks, its in syston near watermead park, there are good moorings as far as the eye can see but they still chose to moor very close and yes , his engine is still running.

6 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Its not out in the sticks, its in syston near watermead park, there are good moorings as far as the eye can see but they still chose to moor very close and yes , his engine is still running.

You could sneak out, untie his ropes and snick it into gear...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Its someone on the forum winding you up!

oh ok then in that case , i have no idea as to why ..they would do that i always ask if they mind and in all the year not one as said they mind ,but then i have never been right up there back side 

As is well known, I like to moor up as far away from everyone as I can, being the considerate person that I am . If anyone feels the need to nestle against my fender they have only themselves to blame as I do my trombone practice. I am also now learning the squeaky trumpet (or cornet, as it is sometimes known). If you wish to avoid me, I'm on the Coventry heading south... 

I sympathise wholeheartedly with the OP, actually. It really annoys me, too, and it's usually the antisocial pilllocks who run engines late who do it. 

• Greenie 3

Totally sympathise with you, I also love a bit of isolation. A lot of people, as you well know, are scared of the Soar so just moor up near another boat for security in case of flood. 

Yer only hope is if they go to the Hope and Anchor for dinner--only time I've ever had food poisoning was after eating there and it knocked me flat for days*.

*wouldnt actually wish that on them, was highly unpleasant. 

1 hour ago, Rickent said:

And I was just about to say what you're omplaining about is NOTHING. When I moor in the middle of nowhere, ten minutes later two boats usually arrive and moor one each side of me, and both leave their engines running for hours on end.

What's all THAT about then?!!!!

And now you have the same problem....

P.S. Actually I've just figured it out. Both those boats are 240Vac boats which cannot survive without their Travel Powers to keep their 240V fridges going.

:icecream:

15 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

fullsizeoutput_9d4.jpeg

Indeed. The Diogenese club in London is the club the introverted need to belong to. The club that Sherlock Holmes' brother Mycroft frequented. no one for any reason whatsoever is allowed to speak.

37 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Off to bed, all quiet here now. 

He turned his engine off at 10PM. I am up at 5.30 to walk to work. Might give him a blast on this as I walk by.

Presumably you'll be starting your engine at 5am to get some hot water?

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

Indeed. The Diogenese club in London is the club the introverted need to belong to. The club that Sherlock Holmes' brother Mycroft frequented. no one for any reason whatsoever is allowed to speak.

I likes the sound of this club. 

Once thing troubles me. How do members order wine to go with their luncheon?

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Presumably you'll be starting your engine at 5am to get some hot water?

I likes the sound of this club. 

Once thing troubles me. How do members order wine to go with their luncheon?

They either write little notes or lip read.

3 hours ago, bizzard said:

I don't mind BBQ's as long as I;m not the one that has to operate it. Nothing worse and more stupid than hanging over the hot, smokey, stinkin thing on a hot sunny day, why I like to sit upwind of it.   I like traditional picnics, with a cheque table cloth spread upon the grass wolfing down lovely cool salmon and cucumber and egg and cress sanwiches and cake with the kettle singing away for tea on my paraffin pressure stove.  And a bottle of Port.

I'm not convinced anyone else takes a bottle of port on a picnic. It's a winter drink, to be sipped after dinner as a sort of apertif with a mature stilton, and Carr's water biscuits.

Also, if your having nicely trimmed triangular sandwiches you need battenburg cake on the side, sliced to 10mm. Only best bone china tea service, no wally mugs.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I'm not convinced anyone else takes a bottle of port on a picnic. It's a winter drink, to be sipped after dinner as a sort of apertif with a mature stilton, and Carr's water biscuits.

I only picnic in the winter, I prefer Danish Blue.

• Haha 1