mastervolt mass combi 12/2000-100

FuBaR

Featured Posts

I wish you the best of luck but suspect your chances are slim (no pun intended). Several years ago I had a Mastervolt inverter blow up taking out a circuit board. The repairer, Selweb, tried MV for a replacement board or circuit diagram in order to attempt a repair. MV s comment was "no". Return it to us and we will either repair if economically viable and unit under 5 years of age or 'contribute' to a replacement by offering a discount on a new one. The cost would still have been more than buying a new one locally.:angry:

Lovely kit but you're very much in the hands of an overcharging, restrictive manufacturer.

Yes, I did replace with a MV unit, a 12/2000/100 combi as it happens. :blush:   

I will follow this topic with interest.

Frank (Slim) 

The cause of the dramatically destroyed IC may well be a  fault in another component, causing an overload in the IC. Yet the original fault may not be obvious from the outside. The replaced IC, if it can be identified, may suffer the same fate unless the underlying fault is identified and fixed.

Jenny

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, Slim said:

I wish you the best of luck but suspect your chances are slim (no pun intended). Several years ago I had a Mastervolt inverter blow up taking out a circuit board. The repairer, Selweb, tried MV for a replacement board or circuit diagram in order to attempt a repair. MV s comment was "no". Return it to us and we will either repair if economically viable and unit under 5 years of age or 'contribute' to a replacement by offering a discount on a new one. The cost would still have been more than buying a new one locally.:angry:

Lovely kit but you're very much in the hands of an overcharging, restrictive manufacturer.

Yes, I did replace with a MV unit, a 12/2000/100 combi as it happens. :blush:   

I will follow this topic with interest.

Frank (Slim) 

Very similar to my own experience. I now have separate Victron units.

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Very similar to my own experience. I now have separate Victron units.

And very similar to my experience with a Victron Charger (I'm glad I had separate units)

I think anyone with experience of boating will NEVER put all their eggs in one basket.

• Greenie 1

thanx guys ! as you are all saying the obvious " in the damage could be elsewhere" but its worth the effort to source the part and give it a go , the unit has been replace so there in no harm in trying.

just thought someone out-there may have the same unit opened up on a bench somewhere to get the part number.

cheers FuBar from Kiama nsw Australia

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And very similar to my experience with a Victron Charger (I'm glad I had separate units)

I think anyone with experience of boating will NEVER put all their eggs in one basket.

Very wise words but often not heeded!!

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, gazzaman2k said:

did you ever find out what this part is?  i have one that has the same problem and i cannot make the numbers out as they have exploded off same as yours, need somone with a working unit or just a photo of that board for the part number 

thanks

I can't help but have had a similar experience (see above).  I wish you luck in your quest - do let us know if you find the part. :)