Dometic vacuuflush 2500

mark99

Featured Posts

Hi

I have one of these. It has a remote cassette.

The pump vacuum keep going until it reaches a good vacuum and then the vacuum pump just rapidly goes  on/of on/off etc etc.

There is a vacuum switch on a cam lever  with an adjustment pair of nuts...... but I cannot get it to stop hunting despite adjusing carefully the adjuster nut stops.

Anyone had this same issue?

As they don't make these anymore may have to rig up a timer that just stops the vacuum after a minute or two otherwise vacuuum pump is going to burn out.

Edited by mark99

Have you tried it without a cassette in place?

Remove cassette, put a finger over the hole in the vacuum tit (top, just under the grey latch) then press in the micro switch, bottom right, and hold it in. The pump should run for a few seconds then stop. Keeping both fingers in place pump should not run.

Presumably once it gets to the bit where pressure switch keeps cycling you switch it off. Does it hold vacuum then. (mine holds vacuum overnight or more)

Edited by pearley

3 hours ago, aread2 said:

Sounds like it has a leak. Any hissing noises?

I'm not sure a leak would manifest itself that way. If it was a bad leak then the pump would never achieve its vacuum and keep pumping. If it was a slower leak then I cant see the pump cycling on/of as the switch should have  a range of pressure over which it starts and stops. However, that observation is based on our system where the pump is 20ft from the toilet so quite a bit of volume to change pressure. I guess if the 'remote' cassette is very near the toilet then there would not be that much volume and even a small leak could trigger the pump into cycling.

I bought one of Leesans vacuum testers to trouble shoot a problem and it worked great.

Leesan are the experts though and I am sure they can advise and likely fix a broken vacuum switch.

Not sure where you are Mark but you can borrow my vacuum tester if you are near. We are in Wawrick now.

• Greenie 1

I suggest you may need to change the microswitch in the pressure switch as it appears to be worn out and lacking the correct hysteresis.  Also lubricate the operating arm of the switch mechanism with silicone grease.

It's an easy job. If its the same switch as on my Vacuflush I bought the replacement switch from RS. A search on here will find a post from me with the part number.  I the mean time I attach some files which may assist.

vacuflush toilet spare parts list.pdf vacuflush wiring diagram.pdf replacement seals for vacuflush.docx

I suggest you may need to change the microswitch in the pressure switch as it appears to be worn out and lacking the correct hysteresis.  Also lubricate the operating arm of the switch mechanism with silicone grease.

It's an easy job. If its the same switch as on my Vacuflush I bought the replacement switch from RS. A search on here will find a post from me with the part number.  I the mean time I attach some files which may assist.

The switch is probably this, check visiually that yours looks the same (though some seem to be reddish brown rather than white) http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/door-interlock-push-button-switches/0575539/

• Greenie 2

You could test the switch if you take it out....This is a bit crude but may confirm the problem.

Remove the microswitch from the pressure switch assembly

Push the plunger in on the switch as slowly and gently as you can until it just operates. Then slowly release the pressure. You should have to back off the force by an appreciable amount before the switch resets. If there is no apparent difference between the On force and the Off force then the switch is duff. You may have to play around to get the feel of this.

Edited by jonesthenuke
more explanation

Dr Bob thanks. We have a good vacuum so don't need the gauge.

It's sympomatic of that microswitch. When back on land will order and swap out. Eventually report back.

At the moment we are out nearly at the extremity of the system dahn sowf.

We share the space with an alledged roost of 10,000 bats.

Edited by mark99

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

Dr Bob thanks. We have a good vacuum so don't need the gauge.

It's sympomatic of that microswitch. When back on land will order and swap out. Eventually report back.

At the moment we are out nearly at the extremity of the system dahn sowf.

We share the space with an alledged roost of 10,000 bats.

You are not supposed to go in the tunnel by Odiham

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the microswitch, fiddled with both adjuster nuts on the switch  lever to get control of the switch/vacuum hysteresis and all seems well.

Thanks to JTN for the link to switch. Cost 6 quid delivered but if from the manufacturer would have been 36 quid. ;)

The original switch had corroded contacts.

Edited by mark99

1 hour ago, jonesthenuke said:

Good news!

Question for @jonesthenuke?

what tool do you use to get the duckbill valves out of their housings without damaging them? I have not done a valve change yet and all the videos on YouTube do not show the detail of the actual disassembley. We lost the vacuum in our pump this week but I have a spare pump so just swapped them over. The blocked one is only 9 months old so the duckbill valves will be fine bit likely just something stuck in one. I will have a look at them tomorrow. Can you ease them out of the tubes with a pair of thin nose pliers without damaging them?

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Question for @jonesthenuke?

what tool do you use to get the duckbill valves out of their housings without damaging them? I have not done a valve change yet and all the videos on YouTube do not show the detail of the actual disassembley. We lost the vacuum in our pump this week but I have a spare pump so just swapped them over. The blocked one is only 9 months old so the duckbill valves will be fine bit likely just something stuck in one. I will have a look at them tomorrow. Can you ease them out of the tubes with a pair of thin nose pliers without damaging them?

No idea. I have the small Vacuflush where the pump is part of the cradle which holds the cassette, these do not have duckbill valves. I assume you have the vacuum generator and a large tank?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, jonesthenuke said:

No idea. I have the small Vacuflush where the pump is part of the cradle which holds the cassette, these do not have duckbill valves. I assume you have the vacuum generator and a large tank?

yes that's right.

No worries. I will have a go tomorrow.