Sanimarin troubleshoot

Featured Posts

Hi. New today to my Live aboard 57ft Narrowboat. Thought I would give her a treat tonight and pump out. Another boater advised to feed the toilet with clean water until the pump out was clear. However I used the empty pan button on the SFA and just as the pump out was looking good the empty stopped working. Can't get any reaction from the buttons anymore. The fuse is still ok. Any ideas would be welcomed

9 hours ago, Phil. said:

The pumps are not meant to be used repeatedly in a short time frame, you may have over used it, and it needs to rest a while, provided it's not been damaged.

Thanks Phil. No fuse link inside the workings then? Couldnt find anything in the instruction leaflet!

SFA is the brand name of 35 48 and elite Sanimarin.

11 hours ago, Kelpies boatman said:

Hi. New today to my Live aboard 57ft Narrowboat. Thought I would give her a treat tonight and pump out. Another boater advised to feed the toilet with clean water until the pump out was clear. However I used the empty pan button on the SFA and just as the pump out was looking good the empty stopped working. Can't get any reaction from the buttons anymore. The fuse is still ok. Any ideas would be welcomed

As mentioned by another poster they have a cut out if being abused!! it should re set and work quite quickly unless you have realy pissed it off that is. I have one of the daft things fitted on his boat, skip it and fit a proper boat bog.

11 hours ago, Phil. said:

The pumps are not meant to be used repeatedly in a short time frame, you may have over used it, and it needs to rest a while, provided it's not been damaged.

Thanks Phil. No fuse link inside the workings then? Couldnt find anything in the instruction leaflet!

Thanks all. I think I might have really pissed it off. So think I will have to resort to professional help

4 minutes ago, Kelpies boatman said:

Thanks all. I think I might have really pissed it off. So think I will have to resort to professional help

Any bog standard boatyard should be able to sort it.!

• Haha 1

We had intermittent problems with ours for a while and then it stopped altogether. I phoned saniflo and spoke to an engineer. He said that they draw a huge current on startup and if the connection is old and maybe oxidised so that the large current doesn't appear, they just stop working. I cut out the old connection at the toilet end of the cable run and remade it and it's been fine ever since. Famous last words!

Thanks for this. Had to do the same due to wrong sized wiring - Only 4mm used instead of 8mm recommended. Fortunately only had to renew the connection and not all the wiring! Working fine again. BTW Sanimarin providers Lee Sanitation VERY helpful(Fenny Compton Warks)