Victory narrowboats

H boy

Featured Posts

Hi the website has never been taken down and the fraud team won't do anything about it I've wasted days and days I've my time trying to resolve this. That's not much else I can do. 

• Greenie 1

• 4 weeks later...

If it is on the Victory narrowboats website, it is a scam. 

Look for it listed elsewhere at a believable price and you might be in the right place. 

Under no circumstances part with any money unless you have actually been to see the boat and spoken to the owner or a reputable broker.

Sorry not very good at this and sent link above no I am not trying to cause any trouble !!  this is what I meant to send.

Sorry I clicked wrong bit !! Not very good at this   Description & Specification

Whimbrel is a 50 foot all steel cruiser stern narrowboat that was built by Peter Nicholls Steel Boats in 1985. She is powered by a reliable 1.5 BMC diesel engine which is located under the large rear deck.

Multiple narrowboats for sale for very good prices
We have several boats for sale, more details directly on our site!

·         Overview

Boat Name:

Whimbrel

Canal Boat Type:

Narrowboat

Level of Completion:

Fully Fitted

Stern Type:

Cruiser

Bow Type:

Standard

Boat Length:

Boat Width (ft):

6 10" 

Built:

Nov 1985

Boat Builders:

Peter Nicholls

Last Blacked:

Feb 2017

Berths:

Bedrooms:

Fixed Double Beds:

Fixed Single Beds:

Victory Narrowboat LTD

We’re sincerely passionate about our brokerage service, the majority of our brokerage team are boat owners themselves, some leisure owners, some residential owners. Because of this we fully understand everything canal boat related and are fully equipped to offer you free and im

29 minutes ago, nicky79 said:

Sorry not very good at this and sent link above no I am not trying to cause any trouble !!  this is what I meant to send.

Sorry I clicked wrong bit !! Not very good at this   Description & Specification

Whimbrel is a 50 foot all steel cruiser stern narrowboat that was built by Peter Nicholls Steel Boats in 1985. She is powered by a reliable 1.5 BMC diesel engine which is located under the large rear deck.

Multiple narrowboats for sale for very good prices
We have several boats for sale, more details directly on our site!

·         Overview

Boat Name:

Whimbrel

Canal Boat Type:

Narrowboat

Level of Completion:

Fully Fitted

Stern Type:

Cruiser

Bow Type:

Standard

Boat Length:

Boat Width (ft):

6 10" 

Built:

Nov 1985

Boat Builders:

Peter Nicholls

Last Blacked:

Feb 2017

Berths:

Bedrooms:

Fixed Double Beds:

Fixed Single Beds:

Victory Narrowboat LTD

We’re sincerely passionate about our brokerage service, the majority of our brokerage team are boat owners themselves, some leisure owners, some residential owners. Because of this we fully understand everything canal boat related and are fully equipped to offer you free and im

Here is a bit about Wimbril for sale 5 years ago 

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68678-are-the-following-narrow-boat-selling-sites-legitimate/

On 10/05/2019 at 07:17, H boy said:

Hi just to make people aware it appears a bogus website has been set up using my company name www.victory-narrowboats.co.uk they are advertising very cheap used boats and trying to scam money out of people please be aware. I have informed the police. Thanks 

I ‘think’ it’s finally been taken down. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/08/2019 at 14:50, H boy said:

Yes it does look like it. I must admit it's about time I wonder how many people they have scammed!! ??

I experienced something similar with a business web site of mine. I only became aware of it when angry customers phoned me asking where their goods were. It took several months for the site to be taken down, and in the mean time I had a big disclaimer pop up for any visitors to our site. 

• 9 months later...
On 11/08/2019 at 23:38, WotEver said:

Is it just something I’m doing or has the site finally been taken down?

Yep it's a goner. Although, interestingly, it says it expired in April.

Domain name:
victory-narrowboats.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 18-Apr-2019

Registrar:
Namecheap, Inc. [Tag = NAMECHEAP-INC]
URL: https://www.namecheap.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-Apr-2019
Expiry date: 18-Apr-2020
Last updated: 18-Apr-2020

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

On 06/06/2019 at 00:35, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think it would have to be by-bye to all the sites under the subdomain one level up, so that is never gonna happen.

A complete aside, but this is not the case. Any nameserver can host any domain - there is no logical connection that states that it is done by TLD, and you can provide any IP as a nameserver when you register a domain. Most will use a DNS service provided by their registrar, some will use a DNS service provided by their host and some will use a third party DNS service like Zoneedit (often because the user interface to the other two options is basic and often doesn't allow you to add anything other than the basic types of record). You can even host your own, if you have a static IP address and a reliable server.

When someone on the other side of the world wishes to access your website, their machine will query their ISP's nameservers (usually - you can choose otherwise). If a lookup on that name has been made recently* then your ISPs nameserver will return a cached IP address without any further queries. If it doesn't have the IP cached then it will request a lookup directly from the nameservers associated with the domain - the ones you've told your registrar about.

* - each DNS record has a TTL - time-to-live - which determines how long downstream nameservers cache the result. It's usually in the region of a couple of hours, but it can be days. Making an error when updating an important DNS record is infuriating, as it may well take a long time to undo!

Edited by tehmarks