Generators

bigray

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Do you pre-order?

If I pre-order I walk into the store, tell a member of staff that I’m there to collect, and they go and get it immediately. I’m rarely in the store for more than a couple of minutes. 

I called in to buy something one day. It wasn’t in stock but they said I could buy it and pick it up the following day... I would get a text when it arrived.

Sure enough, the following morning, I got the text. Rolled up at the store, told a member of staff and they went off and were gone ages.

Came back eventually to tell me it hadn’t arrived.

I wasn’t happy... got my money back, and haven’t been since. Toolstation every time.

Just now, Richard10002 said:

I called in to buy something one day. It wasn’t in stock but they said I could buy it and pick it up the following day... I would get a text when it arrived.

Sure enough, the following morning, I got the text. Rolled up at the store, told a member of staff and they went off and were gone ages.

Came back eventually to tell me it hadn’t arrived.

I wasn’t happy... got my money back, and haven’t been since. Toolstation every time.

How odd. The text is (should be) sent from the store when the picker has selected it and not before. 

I’m in Screwfix probably twice a week on average. It’s not unknown for me to go in several times on the same day. Always a friendly greeting by happy staff, however busy they are. My local Toolstation by comparison has treacly slow service given by surly staff, so I use it only if I’m desperate. 

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

25 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Do you pre-order?

Sometimes I do yes, but despite that there's often a queue and you have to wait.

I prefer Toolstation. I queue there too but it's often a bit cheaper, the staff seem friendlier and they have free drinks.