Universal credit for continous cruising licence

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Superman would be differently abled. The serious point being "differently abled" and "disabled" are surely not synonymous. If this sort of PC-based wordsmithing continues, even those who invent the terms won't know what they mean.

Yes, you're right of course with your  Superman point.  I think your second point  was actually what I was getting at.  It just struck me that it was getting just a tad silly. There are some that are so bent on not offending that meanings are getting lost in "double speak".

Howard

20 hours ago, LadyG said:

Well, I'm not sure, but to be honest, it would be a better idea if folks worked for a living if they were able, and those that weren't got support.

Yes. 

?

I think you have the idea. 

So how to implement it is the problem. 

Got any ideas?

Edited by Goliath

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Yes. 

?

I think you have the idea. 

So how to implement it is the problem. 

Got any ideas?

Yes, put me in charge of the department....

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

Of course there is a continous cruising licence what are you on about.

No, there is not.

What are YOU on about?

As it has taken you six months to reply, I look forward to hearing from you next May.

Edited by Athy

On 07/05/2019 at 13:42, Horton said:

Does anyone get on here get their licence paid by  UC if on a 6mth continous cruising licence?

I woukd suggest its because by its very nature with a constant cruising licence you do not have a fixed address. As you are required to constantly be on the move. If I was you o would cov3r it with some form of home based income selling wares or doing odd jobs here and there. If your not fit for work how are you fit enough to move a boat. There are plenty of jobs about the difficulty on a cruising licence is securing a mobile occupation something I'm dwelling on for when I finally decide what to do when the boats complete. 

32 minutes ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

Of course there is a continous cruising licence what are you on about.

There is a licence that is the same for everyone. If you have a home mooring you usually have a mooring permit as well. Best to check how the system works before your boat is ready! 

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

I woukd suggest its because by its very nature with a constant cruising licence you do not have a fixed address. As you are required to constantly be on the move. If I was you o would cov3r it with some form of home based income selling wares or doing odd jobs here and there. If your not fit for work how are you fit enough to move a boat. There are plenty of jobs about the difficulty on a cruising licence is securing a mobile occupation something I'm dwelling on for when I finally decide what to do when the boats complete. 

You are not understanding :

There is only ONE licence (ignoring the Rivers Only registration) but there are two methods of being granted one.

You need three things to apply for a licence :

Option 1)  BSSC, Insurance and a Home mooring, or

Option 2)  BSSC, Insurance and a signed declaration that you will not remain anywhere for more than 14 days

The licence granted will be the same irrespective of which option you take.

I suppose its similar to saying that there are two ways to pay (by 'card' or cash) you still end up the same - you have paid.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

There is a licence that is the same for everyone. If you have a home mooring you usually have a mooring permit as well. Best to check how the system works before your boat is ready! 

Yes you are correct about the licence being the same but the point is you can apply for a licence as a continous cruiser which you have to state when you apply and follow set guidelines 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/buy-your-boat-licence/continuous-cruising

On 07/05/2019 at 13:42, Horton said:

Does anyone get on here get their licence paid by  UC if on a 6mth continous cruising licence?

1 minute ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

Yes you are correct about the licence being the same but the point is you can apply for a licence as a continous cruiser which you have to state when you apply and follow set guidelines 

Exactly but IT IS NOT called a "continuous cruising licence" it is just your "boat licence"