Route Tips Please Southern Canal Network

FiFiW

Featured Posts

Hi all, thanks for all of your contributions.  I like the sound of Oxford but now I'm also thinking of maybe doing the Avon ring.  I attempted this with my parents (Chedworth, Jolly Thresher) as a 2 boat convoy but it was 2007 and the river was flooded so we ended up turning back at Stratford.  Might be worth having another go at it.  We don't have much luck with rings - we planned on doing the Cheshire Ring in 2016 but were thwarted by a breach!

21 minutes ago, FiFiW said:

Hi all, thanks for all of your contributions.  I like the sound of Oxford but now I'm also thinking of maybe doing the Avon ring.  I attempted this with my parents (Chedworth, Jolly Thresher) as a 2 boat convoy but it was 2007 and the river was flooded so we ended up turning back at Stratford.  Might be worth having another go at it.  We don't have much luck with rings - we planned on doing the Cheshire Ring in 2016 but were thwarted by a breach!

The Avon ring in a week would be a rush, going for 10 days would be better.  I am sure you are aware of the number of locks involved.

Oh yes would never do that in a week, that would be slog too far, we will have 10 days for this.  Even so we would put in some long days to ensure we get some more relaxing days & take in some sights along the way.