Boat for sale review

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Point of Order M'lud.

"BMC" is what estate agents, chavs and non-boat people call it. It's a "back cabin" if you don't want to get judged in certain quarters to be someone who knows nothing about boats or canals, and is not interested in learning.... 

<Awaits incoming ;) >

Ok you can accuse me of being a chav or a non boat person but being likened to an estate agent..?  That's well below the belt even by CWDF standards...

5 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Ok you can accuse me of being a chav or a non boat person but being likened to an estate agent..?  That's well below the belt even by CWDF standards...

and they can be 1.5 metres or 1.8 metres

18 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

@dmr  How is your 70'+ boat doing on the Rochdale?  I think you have been there for a while now.

Over 8 months now, longest we have spent on one waterway for many years. Lots of fun at Tod Folk festival over the weekend, just arrived at the summit today, now a few days of preparation then its down to Manchester and up to Liverpool.

Tod lock is the shortest, we are a bit under 71 and I reckon there's still a foot and a bit to spare.

Passed a HUGE squareback widebeam today, 57 by at least 12. They had not had a good time coming up from Manchester but they have done it. Wonder if the Calder and Hebble will be ok for them with that squareback?

Think the Huddersfield narrow is not on for us but its the width (6 foot 11 and a bit) thats the issue rather than the length.  The HNC and Rochdale are of course both cul-de-sacs for full length boats.

..............Dave

7 minutes ago, dmr said:

Over 8 months now, longest we have spent on one waterway for many years. Lots of fun at Tod Folk festival over the weekend, just arrived at the summit today, now a few days of preparation then its down to Manchester and up to Liverpool.

Tod lock is the shortest, we are a bit under 71 and I reckon there's still a foot and a bit to spare.

Passed a HUGE squareback widebeam today, 57 by at least 12. They had not had a good time coming up from Manchester but they have done it. Wonder if the Calder and Hebble will be ok for them with that squareback?

Think the Huddersfield narrow is not on for us but its the width (6 foot 11 and a bit) thats the issue rather than the length.  The HNC and Rochdale are of course both cul-de-sacs for full length boats.

..............Dave

I think you're right.  Mac of Cygnet is the expert on here but I reckon the locks at Uppermill would be a real struggle with a full length boat over 6'10".  Also IIRC there is one lock on the Eastern side that is a bit shorter than the rest at exactly 70 foot.   The "chicane" in Standedge tunnel would be interesting too.