SOS! Help needed in retreat from Huddersfield.

Featured Posts

My boating activities have been put on hold because of the sudden worsening of a medical condition (double hernia).  I have been strongly advised not to do any heavy work ahead of a repair operation hopefully this month.  This means I can drive the boat but can't do any locks.  Is there anyone near who could help me back from Huddersfield  to my home mooring at Sowerby Bridge next week?  There are 23 locks and it would take 2 short days or possibly one long one.  There are frequent buses back to Huddersfield from half way (Brighouse) or the last lock at Salterhebble.  Cygnet is very small, so I can't offer accommodation, but everything else would be provided - travel & other expenses, food, drink, etc.  

Looks like my umpteenth transit of Standedge is once again stymied! Hope someone (or two) can help.  If so, please contact me via this thread or by PM.  

Cheers

Mac

9 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Just a follow up to say a big thank you to Mad Harold (Terry) who roped in his neighbour David to get me through 23 locks in 8 1/2 hours today in rather damp conditions - well beyond the call of duty!  Also thanks to 8 Hairy Feet (Steph) who offered her help.  Now back in Sowerby Bridge. 

David and I enjoyed our day out immensely.As we are both solo boaters,it was really nice to have someone to have a natter with.We both fell in love with your little boat and it's sweet little engine and for my next boat,I will look for an Owl class.

Hope your op goes well.

The eight and a half hour trip did include a stop for a pint at The Collier's pub.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

The eight and a half hour trip did include a stop for a pint at The Collier's pub.

If Mr. Cygnet was involved, that goes without saying!