Canal Pushers launch day

TheGrifter

Featured Posts

CANAL PUSHERS, a new crime thriller by Andy Griffee is published today (May 2nd). Available in hard-back and as an e-book, it's a must-read for anyone who enjoys boating and a good dose of fictional crime.  It follows the fortunes of Jack Johnson, a newly divorced and out-of-work journalist who moves onto a boat and meets a mysterious young woman called Nina. They quickly become embroiled in a cat-and-mouse chase with the media, an organised drugs gang and a serial killer across two Midlands canals.  The book is inspired by reports of a real life killer stalking the towpaths of Manchester.  This is the first in a series of crime books called the Jumping Jack Flash Thrillers which follow Jack and Nina around the country's waterways. Next stop, the River Avon at Bath in a sequel called River Rats. 

Canal Pushers will also be available to buy from the Droitwich Marina stall at Crick and is featured in the Canal Boating Times which is being distributed at the show. 

(this post has been sanctioned by the site owner) 

IMG_4857.JPG.21cda5d6ee5115bfadfa34a447555f53.JPG

IMG_5113.jpg

Canal-Pushers-Mock.gif

• Greenie 3

Looks a very well produced and professional book and marketing effort. 

Wishing you the best of luck with the whole project. 

Like with bands and their albums, is the second the most difficult? They say it is like this with music having poured all your best ideas into the first album, but now everyone is expecting the second to be just as good!

• Greenie 2

Thanks very much Mike. Ok, this will sound smug but I've already written the second one and found it much easier as I plotted it all out in advance rather than making it up as I went along. This made it a much quicker and more pleasurable process (and wife prefers book 2). It'll be published in about 8 months. 

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, TheGrifter said:

OK, this will sound smug but I've already written the second one and found it much easier as I plotted it all out in advance rather than making it up as I went along. 

Not smug at all: I remember doing something very similar in my second year of prep school teaching.

I hope that sales are such that work on the follow-up will be interrupted by an overseas holiday.

In response to a question from a member, to the best of my recollection Andy sought and received permission to present his book on CWDF. If I'm mistaken, I am sure that someone will tell me.

Edited by Athy

Overseas holiday paid for by sales? Yes please! Yes the permission was sought and given to draw attention to the book as long as it wasn’t too OTT and had a good editorial justification (ie publication day etc). 

• 1 month later...

I bought this for my Kindle. Great read - particularly all the canal travelling detail. Perfect 'curl up and enjoy' book for the kind of weather we've been having lately. Actually, perfect book for any old time! I'll be queuing up for #2 in November.