narrowboat Invincible

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Just thought you might like to know that your water skier didnt survive when you just passed me above Nell Bridge lock. I fished them out the cut after my boat had resurfaced after your wake sunk it but the skier died. Just sayin like.

• Greenie 1

33 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just thought you might like to know that your water skier didnt survive when you just passed me above Nell Bridge lock. I fished them out the cut after my boat had resurfaced after your wake sunk it but the skier died. Just sayin like.

You need to learn to tie up properly.... Shirley!

:giggles:

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You need to learn to tie up properly.... Shirley!

:giggles:

I didnt drown the skier, he did. I am tied up properly hes a Richard Cranium ?

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Invincible, that's one of those Navy tubs innit...

This bloke thought his was!! Bless him......................but no, it were a private, probably a share boat innitt?

There used to be a 70ft ex-hire boat dumper here on the K&A called INVINCIBLE.

I always noticed it as it had the most stunningly worn out and knackered looking paintwork I've ever seen on a NB, and the name seemed spectacularly inappropriate. 

I fort you weren't back till tomorrow!

Perhaps HMS Invincible's captain thought the same and that he could get away with it in your absence. The fool.

Edited by Lily Rose
Speeling

Update 3.54pm - Invincible just went past us in the pouring rain at Twyford Wharf heading for Banbury.

Didn't seem to be going very fast and I heard the revs go up a bit as it was almost past. Supports my theory that they thought mrsmelly's boat was unoccupied. Or maybe there's no longer any need for speed now that they've lost their water skier.

14 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Update 3.54pm - Invincible just went past us in the pouring rain at Twyford Wharf heading for Banbury.

Didn't seem to be going very fast and I heard the revs go up a bit as it was almost past. Supports my theory that they thought mrsmelly's boat was unoccupied. Or maybe there's no longer any need for speed now that they've lost their water skier.

Yeah we came back a bit earlier than planned. There was some poxy bike race going past the house door later in the day so we left early and got back to our wonderful boat abart 1215. See ya satdy :cheers:

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

Invincible, that's one of those Navy tubs innit...

Andrew, Emma, Trafalgar.

All based at Calcutt's hire base. At least two, possibly all three, went past us in Banbury a couple of days ago.

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There used to be a 70ft ex-hire boat dumper here on the K&A called INVINCIBLE.

I always noticed it as it had the most stunningly worn out and knackered looking paintwork I've ever seen on a NB, and the name seemed spectacularly inappropriate. 

Unusual.

Dumpers and cmer's normally name their botes wanderlust, intrepid explorer, move-a-lot or dun-moorin. ;)

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Natural causes or did you do to the skier what you wanted to do to the owner

25 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Unusual.

Dumpers and cmer's normally name their botes wanderlust, intrepid explorer, move-a-lot or dun-moorin. ;)

New beginings , new dawn,  tommorrow ( ill get a licence) born free

• Greenie 1

Don't be too complacent Martyn, Invincible was heading North when it passed us.

It's possible they only slowed past us because we are just South of a lift bridge. If it goes back to the speed it was going past Tim it could reach you tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Unusual.

On reflection I have it wrong. The knackered old dumper I'm thinking of was called the ILLUSTRIOUS

Which fits in perfectly with your hypothesis!

3 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Andrew, Emma, Trafalgar.

All based at Calcutt's hire base. At least two, possibly all three, went past us in Banbury a couple of days ago.

One of those, can't rember which one, holds the water speed record for going past my mooring at 8:30 am one morning, back in 2014.

Pint glasses and spirit bottles on the hatch and leaving a breaking wave which overtopped both the tow path and edge of my garden.

31 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Normal practice at sea!!

You old-timers! Was that not just in the old days?

Surely not now, with ships crewed by both sexes and, for all I know, those of a gender-neutral persuasion.

3 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

You old-timers! Was that not just in the old days?

Surely not now, with ships crewed by both sexes and, for all I know, those of a gender-neutral persuasion.

Still happens but you're not allowed to look. 

I think the RN connection may be a red herring. Invincible is the name of a share ownership boat based at Wigrams turn and I suspect that this might have been the boat in question. :boat:

Howard