New HP injector fuel lines for J2

gbclive

Featured Posts

Please can anyone recommend a company not too far from Audley in Staffordshire to make up new HP fuel lines for my J2.

Dick Goble is kindly cleaning the nozzles, so I can take the opportunity to replace the exising lines which have always leaked and which Dick has advised were rather poorly designed and fabricated.

Many thanks.

Clive.

13 hours ago, gbclive said:

Please can anyone recommend a company not too far from Audley in Staffordshire to make up new HP fuel lines for my J2.

Dick Goble is kindly cleaning the nozzles, so I can take the opportunity to replace the exising lines which have always leaked and which Dick has advised were rather poorly designed and fabricated.

Many thanks.

Clive.

OK, It seems I was pushing my luck with a specific area - so could I ask again please, but this time spread the net far and wide?

The injectors and original pipes are near Stoke-on-Trent, the boat is at Glascote and I’m down south, but the car is fuelled up and ready!

Many thanks,

Clive.

8 hours ago, gbclive said:

Thanks Sam - that’s a good start?

I’m hoping for something a little closer, but good to have one up my sleeve.

You said Stoke on Trent, The link says Stoke on Trent.  How much closer do you want then??

Edited by alan_fincher

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

You said Stoke on Trent, The link says Stoke on Trent.  How much closer do you want then??

Thanks Alan! (and Boater Sam)

It was late at night and I was knackered and and and.........

I only saw the Manchester address which is their HQ.

Will give them a call today.

15 minutes ago, Old Son said:

Is there a Pirteck or somebody similar in your area?

Thanks Old Son - there is ?

Incidentally, the problem we have is that Dick’s usual “go to” person or company for similar work is no longer accepting work.

3 hours ago, Old Son said:

Is there a Pirteck or somebody similar in your area?

Pirtek cover EVERYWHERE in one hour!

I know this because I was carved up by one of their vans yesterday, and followed it for several miles reading all the sign writing and claims made therein, on it....

24 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Pirtek cover EVERYWHERE in one hour!

I know this because I was carved up by one of their vans yesterday, and followed it for several miles reading all the sign writing and claims made therein, on it....

?

How did it end?

Edited by gbclive

12 hours ago, gbclive said:

OK, It seems I was pushing my luck with a specific area - so could I ask again please, but this time spread the net far and wide?

The injectors and original pipes are near Stoke-on-Trent, the boat is at Glascote and I’m down south, but the car is fuelled up and ready!

Many thanks,

Clive.

Depends on where you mean by down south but were near Blandford/Poole and can make them up for you.

7 minutes ago, martyn 1 said:

Depends on where you mean by down south but were near Blandford/Poole and can make them up for you.

Thanks Martyn, it’s good to have a definite solution.

I’m in the SE but I’ll try the two Stoke possibilities first as the original pipework is up there, but if that plan does not work out I’ll get in touch.

Cheers.

Clive.

I had a set made up by Marine engine services, they may be able to help. They will arrive straight and will need to be shaped to fit, i purchased a miniature pipe bender from eBay to ensure a tidy finish. 

20180907_140823.jpg

18 minutes ago, BWM said:

I had a set made up by Marine engine services, they may be able to help. They will arrive straight and will need to be shaped to fit, i purchased a miniature pipe bender from eBay to ensure a tidy finish. 

Thanks BWM - I'll give them a call if the two Stoke options don't pan out.

On 02/05/2019 at 23:06, Boater Sam said:

Potteries Diesel Services Now PF Jones.  https://www.pfjones.co.uk/      0333 772 0659

Short interim update - P F Jones have taken on the job of making up new HP injector lines for my J2.

I’ll report the outcome, hopefully next week.

Give them the old ones.  The injector end thread is imperial, so that nut is not the  standard metric thread. The standard thread is very close though, so the right tap put into the nut sorts it out.

N

18 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Give them the old ones.  The injector end thread is imperial, so that nut is not the  standard metric thread. The standard thread is very close though, so the right tap put into the nut sorts it out.

Thanks for that Nigel - Dick Goble kindly took the old ones in last week, together with with a correctly shaped version as one of my lines was poorly designed from a bleeding point of view.

I’m fairly sure that we have planned for new pipes but using the original nuts.

Dick was hoping to collect the new versions today, so I should know more shortly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 23:06, Boater Sam said:

Potteries Diesel Services Now PF Jones.  https://www.pfjones.co.uk/      0333 772 0659

On 14/05/2019 at 12:18, gbclive said:

Thanks for that Nigel - Dick Goble kindly took the old ones in last week, together with with a correctly shaped version as one of my lines was poorly designed from a bleeding point of view.

I’m fairly sure that we have planned for new pipes but using the original nuts.

Dick was hoping to collect the new versions today, so I should know more shortly.

Just to wrap this up - PF Jones in Stoke did a great job and and with same day service?

Dick Goble was impressed and will be using them as his new “go to” company for any future similar work.

They also have another workshop in Wigan and can do mail order.

Job's a good'un!

Thank you.

• Happy 1