Sanitary station(s) at Market Harborough/Foxton Locks

magictime

Featured Posts

Our Nicholson's Guide shows a (presumably CRT) san station with showers etc. in Market Harborough basin, but makes no mention of any facilities at the bottom of Foxton locks. Conversely, we have an IWA leaflet that says there's a hire base with (implicitly private) facilities in Market Harborough basin, plus a CRT san station at the bottom of Foxton locks 'by the car park'. Can anybody shed any light on what facilities there are and where, before we leave Kilby Bridge tomorrow? 

There are facilities in Market Harborough and very nice they are.  There is also hire boats but the facility block is CRT.

There are also facilities in the car park at the bottom of Foxton, I don't think there is a shower but the pub has one which cost 20p when I last used it.

A month ago, the swingbridge at Foxton was out of use, which makes it quite a long hike with a cassette from most of the moorings. If stopping there is one space at the entrance to the boat lift arm which puts you on the correct side of the canal for the services, and even has a water point. I'd not noticed it before, but it did save a lot of cassette carrying.

MP.

1 hour ago, Tuscan said:

Swingbridge is now fixed. Water taps on visitor moorings as you arrive at Foxton andin basin before swingbridge. Rubbish and Elsan point just over swingbridge in carpark

Bother! 

From a purely selfish point of view. 

1 hour ago, Tuscan said:

Swingbridge is now fixed. Water taps on visitor moorings as you arrive at Foxton andin basin before swingbridge. Rubbish and Elsan point just over swingbridge in carpark

I'm amazed - it's been broken for at least two years, maybe more - I had assumed that they were ignoring it.

51 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I'm amazed - it's been broken for at least two years, maybe more - I had assumed that they were ignoring it.

Certainly not the best designed swingbridge on the system. Would of been much better if it was operated from the tow path side. 

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds like a classic schoolboy error in the making there, Magic! :D

Don't worry, I have a spare! And also a wife with more sense than me, who's dispatching me shortly to empty this one anyway.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1