Safest Birmingham mooring for new St station

reg

Featured Posts

Reg, you don't say where you are at the moment, but New Street has so many train services from various places that you have plenty of choice. Banbury (regular service, takes about an hour, station is near the canal) would be one.

Is that really your boat name?

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Not according to the boat listing on CanalPlan. Mind you, that isn't always up to date. Could be that "My Profile is Fully Complete" is as common as "Kingfisher" and "Meander" now.

Jen

Yes, he had a Narrow Escape from choosing one of those.

Need to get from Birmingham to Newcastle, possibly return the same day. Cheapest fare by train is from Birmingham New St. 

Family business, unfortunately. 

Have time to get to Birmingham by boat, that is no problem. 

Edited by reg

7 hours ago, Rob-M said:

There is a 14 day mooring nearest the bridge though which makes it look like a boat is left on the water point.

I regularly leave my boat unattended opposite The Cube and all the moorings there are 14 days,with the waterpoint mooring clearly marked as such by totem poles and limited to a few hours from what I can recall.Walk through the Mailbox and New Street is pretty close.

Edited by Quaffer
  • Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

I regularly leave my boat unattended opposite The Cube and all the moorings there are 14 days,with the waterpoint mooring clearly marked as such by totem poles and limited to a few hours from what I can recall.Walk through the Mailbox and New Street is pretty close.

Thanks for the info,very useful. 

5 hours ago, Quaffer said:

It is, however, the windiest place on God's green earth, is it not? :D

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It is, however, the windiest place on God's green earth, is it not? :D

No wind at all on the mooring, the wind suddenly cuts in about 10 yards further on as you start to make the turn, and just as you get distracted by the people on the bridge taking photos..

..............Dave