HNC 6E

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, rgreg said:

At first glance I thought the tree had landed on your boat! Fortunately, it appears not.

No, I encountered this this morning after setting off early on a beautiful morning without checking my e-mails (there is a notice).  Oddly enough I was helped through 3E by three CRT guys who I know, but they obviously didn't know anything about it either.  The tree is bigger than it looks - if it had been about 1/4 of the size I could have shifted it - I have a chainsaw.

Back in Hudds now, so 10 locks and no progress.  Nice day, though.

1 minute ago, magictime said:

Stoppages still following you everywhere you go then Mac? 

That would be OK!. It's when they're in front of me.........

33 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

A boat flattened at New Mills 

Capture.JPG

Why I don't like mooring under trees. Not just that they shade the solar panels. Looks like it snapped off the tiller swan neck. At least on the Peak Forest a boat can't sink that deep.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

16 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Why I don't like mooring under trees. Not just that they shade the solar panels. Looks like it snapped off the tiller swan neck. At least on the Peak Forest a boat can't sink that deep.

Jen

Looks like more than the tiller, there looks to be a huge distortion about a third of the way down the port side. ?

9 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Capture.JPG

That's heartbreaking, the tree clearly weighs several tons.

Just trying to reconcile the line of both the deckhouse eaves and the starboard gunwhale it appears to me that the tree has broken the boats back. Certainly did not float up aft after the removal of the tree. How sad for the owner, even if the boat was fully insured the disruption to their life would be immense.

Its a 55ft Rugby boat. Might just be salvageable. Its obviously on the bottom having been forced under so it won't float up without pumping out.  There is some serious distortions in the superstructure, below gunwales may be OK. Terrible shame, hope it all turns out well for the owners.

Is there any liability on CRT on the grounds of lack of tree inspection and maintenance? Or is god answerable?

2 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Its a 55ft Rugby boat. Might just be salvageable. Its obviously on the bottom having been forced under so it won't float up without pumping out.  There is some serious distortions in the superstructure, below gunwales may be OK. Terrible shame, hope it all turns out well for the owners.

Is there any liability on CRT on the grounds of lack of tree inspection and maintenance? Or is god answerable?

It might not be CRT, but as to liability that depends on how robust the inspection methodology is and how foreseeable the failure was

Retirement No Problem was  repaired after a tree fell on her but she didn't sink so not so much internal damage, I would suspect this one is a right off as it will require a complete refit and the steelwork repairing .