Shroppie Fly

Ploos1

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Richard10002 said:

It’s the freehold that’s for sale, not the lease. Whoever buys it gets the £8k a year rent, plus whatever they can negotiate for the rent review.

£8k a year rent for a pub such as the Shroppie Fly sounds rather implausible. Why on earth did so many previous tenants go bust I find myself wondering, given that seems like little more than pocket money for such a premises.

I would not have been surprised to find it was £40k a year. 

48 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

£8k a year rent for a pub such as the Shroppie Fly sounds rather implausible. Why on earth did so many previous tenants go bust I find myself wondering, given that seems like little more than pocket money for such a premises.

I would not have been surprised to find it was £40k a year. 

Punch Taverns own the lease and pay the £8k a year. The deal between themselves and the current landlord bears no relation. I think Landlords go bust because they cannot keep up with the terms agreed with the brewery, or whatever Punch are.

Plus the rent is somewhat false as a rent review was due in 2016 and, for some reason, a new rent hasn’t been agreed - you can imagine Punch having a team of lawyers experts at rent reviews and postponing stuff. Thus the current rent level is that of 2009, (I think), and not today, ten years on.

Edited by Richard10002