Fuel timing

Nick Davis

Featured Posts

Hi, I have a Kelvin K3  I'm sure I saw an old thead where someone perhaps BenGo? Wrote brilliant detailed instructions on Kevin/ Cav fuel pump timing including finding the exact spill point which is the big I'm not sure about I just can't find the old thead about this. If anybody can help me find it that would be great, I'm also uncertain how one correctly positions the little brass stop on the rack, I was once told to put it as far forward as possible and still start the engine but is that really all there is to it? Is it critical?

1 hour ago, Nick Davis said:

Hi, I have a Kelvin K3  I'm sure I saw an old thead where someone perhaps BenGo?

BEngo.

(I have archived many of his Kelvin related posts?)

I’ll try and find the post you referred to.

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

This one?

Thanks, it wasn't this one but it's a great very practical approach, it's reasuring as this is exactly how I have done it before, by hear and eye followed by a bit of advance and retard although I've never been certain I've got it bang on just somewhere close perhaps that's good enough.

Cheers Nick 

Edited by Nick Davis

10 hours ago, gbclive said:

OK - I think the post you are looking for might be number #10 in this thread titled “Anti-freeze/conditioner for J3”

Yes! Thanks this is the one, spill timing brilliant! Never would have found it. Most grateful.

Cheers Nick