The Modern Boater

Tuscan

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

As someone who appreciated and sympathised with the arguments on both sides, this was, I found, the most convincing argument to vote remain.

Sad that so few people considered this important. 

I did and still do. It was sufficiently important to persuade me to change my original view and intention.

No proof of course but I felt that this, amongst other things, was too important to risk jeopardising.

10 hours ago, tree monkey said:

We lived between capenhurst nuclear research facility, a shed loads of petrochemical works, plus various other chemical factories, like you we would have been toast

Well, I live about 1 mile away from Northwood HQ , Never have seen the point of worrying about a nuclear waŕ. I wouldn't know anythíng about it?

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Never have seen the point of worrying about a nuclear waŕ. I wouldn't know anythíng about it?

Those who nothing about it (if/when it happens) would be the lucky ones. I suspect many more would know about far more than they would like. 

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

The modern boater seems obsessed with politics... 

Be glad the Polititians are not out on the canals, judging by their behaviour in the House.  Though you could shout "Order" instead of "Slow Down".

1 hour ago, Chris Williams said:

Be glad the Polititians are not out on the canals, judging by their behaviour in the House.  Though you could shout "Order" instead of "Slow Down".

That is a rather unfair comment about behaviour in the Commons. We watched most iof the Brexit debates, and were impressed by the excellent presentations made by most contributing Members. The unruly disorder was usually caused by MP's who did not spend hours debating , but by those who appeared in the last 20 minutes just before the vote.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, David Schweizer said:

That is a rather unfair comment about behaviour in the Commons. We watched most iof the Brexit debates, and were impressed by the excellent presentations made by most contributing Members. The unruly disorder was usually caused by MP's who did not spend hours dev=-bating , but by those who appeared in the last 20 minutes just before the vote.

But what about when they come to a junction and take two years to decide which way to go - even though it's fairly obvious that one choice is a dead end.

At least no one would have to shout 'slow down'.

13 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

That is a rather unfair comment about behaviour in the Commons. We watched most iof the Brexit debates, and were impressed by the excellent presentations made by most contributing Members. The unruly disorder was usually caused by MP's who did not spend hours dev=-bating , but by those who appeared in the last 20 minutes just before the vote.

Exactly our thoughts too. impressed by the decent, thoughtful and honestly held opinions. The political system may be not fit for purpose but there are some good people in the commons. Funnily enough the only thing I have ever seen by Banksy that I thought was poor was the drawing of parliament entirely populated by chimps.

4 hours ago, frahkn said:

But what about when they come to a junction and take two years to decide which way to go - even though it's fairly obvious that one choice is a dead end.

At least no one would have to shout 'slow down'.

I also think comments along the lines of "they can't decide" are a bit unfair. I expect most MPs individually decided a long time ago which way they wanted it to go, what they are unable to do is agree. A bit like the rest of the country really with 37.5% of the electorate voting to leave, 34.7% voting to remain and 27.8% not voting at all.

• Greenie 2