Where to sell captains chairs?

nashworth

Featured Posts

I'm just about to move onto my boat full time, after spending the last year on and off the canal. I have two captains chairs and a stool which I don't need and am just wondering if anyone knows of a place to sell them? I'm currently just north of Hemel Hampstead. 

I also have an issue with my toilet - the flush electrics don't seem to be working - does anyone know who I could contact for help/advice/or to hire to fix?

Thanks for any advice in advance! 

Naomi x

My two captain's chairs are still available FOC. 

The OP is welcome to collect them from Cropredy if he wishes, to sell them on at a profit. 

Or anyone else for that matter. They will be going in a skip shortly if no takers.

Actually, I'm quite happy to pay someone to take them away, should anyone wish to give me a quote. They seem to be a total liability!

Photos would be of assistance. The description "Captain's Chair" seems to have migrated these days to describe generically any upholstered or un upholstered  bowl backed chair with arms, whereas traditionally a Captains Chair was unupholstered and made of beech and elm, very similar to a Smoker's Bowl on a swivel base. and used to command good prices as did Smoker's Bowls.

Edited by David Schweizer

I see you have not had any responses to the toilet problem!

I would think most 'boatyards' could fix it but if you find it a problem finding someone interested (it may not be a pleasant job), it may be worth giving RCR a ring. I would recommend you join them if not already a member as they are very good if you have an engine or mechanical problem. They do not do the 'domestic' stuff but they do have a group who do the domestic stuff but charge the 'going' rate. At least you should be able to get someone out to look at it. Give them a ring and see how they respond.

It may be something simple on the toilet which someone on here may be able to advise but you will need to give some more detail.

What type of toilet/flush/electrics?

Describe what isnt working. Describe when and how it went wrong.

Describe any noises etc when it broke or when you try and operate it now.

Could it be something as simple as something blocking the macerator and a fuse blown.

Some description of fuses, state of batteries, age of batteries etc would be useful.

Maybe even a picture of the unit that isnt working.

Thanks so much for all of the responses! Some useful, and some very interested info... Much appreciated. 

I have attached some photos of the toilet, It seems to be that the electrics aren't responding, I had a guest over who managed to push the entire electric unit into the back part of the toilet, It hasn't been submerged in water, but I can't get it to respond now. I also had the unfortunate discovery that one of the cassettes is leaking, any one know a good way of patching them up?

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

18 minutes ago, philjw said:

A long shot but I see that up in the top right corner of the PCB there are pins to accept a plug. There isn't another set of wires that have dropped off which attach to this plug is there? Have a look in the hole.

Thank you so much, very observant! I will do :) 

8 minutes ago, nashworth said:

Thank you so much, very observant! I will do :) 

I see the control unit is Dometic. Give Leesan in Fenny compton a call and send them the photo of the control unit in an email. Ask for Michael. He is very good. He can probably suggest some things to do to test it.

You can generally purchase all the seals for cassettes but it might be as simple as scale build-up. Empty the leaking one, rinse it out, examine all the seals to see where it’s leaking and if anything is actually broken.