What on earth have they done now?

Boater Sam

Featured Posts

Notice arrived, CART have repaired the paddle gear, normal operation is resumed.

Will mrsmelly be on guard duty tonight in case the vandals return? Eating Piggery Bangers by lamplight around a brazier?

8" stillson will just about cope, 14" would be better

37 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That will suffice. Might see you for some fab bangers soon eh? Some superb pork and apple burgers came back today from a pig that went away and came back in " Kit Form " I never buy burgers but had one in the week here and they are fab, highly recomended but sell like lightning. there will probably be some more fresh ones next thursday but if you need some let me know and I will freeze some for you, same applies to bangers they fly out the door.

Hi Tim - that's the plan!

I'll pm you in a while.

9 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

New home owner? who does not want smelly noisy boats spoiling the view from their home.

No houses anywhere near. Its a very strange location for this type of vandalism.

The missus has just been to the lock and found a broken cutting disc in the grass. It may or may not be of coincidence but yesterday she was speaking to an angler who was packing up and told her he was going home early as there were too many boat!! She is polite and dint say owt. " Its a canal " springs to my mind!!

6 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I have seen the square tapers welded onto the ends of the spindle, could it be poor welding? Not seen the problem so its only an idea for consideration.

Definately cut off Tony, clean as a whistle with disc marks to boot. My missus also found a broken cutting disc in the grass.

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Definately cut off Tony, clean as a whistle with disc marks to boot. My missus also found a broken cutting disc in the grass.

In the old days you would have had that in a polythene bag with an exhibit label on it I'm sure 

Just now, Troyboy said:

In the old days you would have had that in a polythene bag with an exhibit label on it I'm sure 

Probably. Pointless now as nowt would be done. There are not even any police stations anymore or police on the beat.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

No houses anywhere near. Its a very strange location for this type of vandalism.

The missus has just been to the lock and found a broken cutting disc in the grass. It may or may not be of coincidence but yesterday she was speaking to an angler who was packing up and told her he was going home early as there were too many boat!! She is polite and dint say owt. " Its a canal " springs to my mind!!

Could've been an angler grinder......

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2
  • Horror 1

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Its not strange at all, CRT took delight at grinding off lots of paddle lifting gear last year to stop boaters trying to escape the Leeds Liverpool, 

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Its not strange at all, CRT took delight at grinding off lots of paddle lifting gear last year to stop boaters trying to escape the Leeds Liverpool, 

But, but Matty, ya cant get a boat on the L and L!!

52 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Probably fishermen, this kind of crap used to happen on the leicester in the 1980s, you would wake up to empty pounds on a sunday above silly matches.

Some fishermen are rather naughty and angry people and do direct their anger towards boaters. I know someone who used to work with very naughty boys in school and she said they had one of three futures:...

1 Go to prison.

2 Join the army and get sorted out

3 Discover fishing

..............Dave

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dmr said:

Some fishermen are rather naughty and angry people and do direct their anger towards boaters. I know someone who used to work with very naughty boys in school and she said they had one of three futures:...

1 Go to prison.

2 Join the army and get sorted out

3 Discover fishing

..............Dave

I know a chap that did all three. Okay, he did 1 and 2 in reverse order, and 2 was the navy but even so...