Trojan T-1275 & T-1275 Plus

blackrose

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Can anyone more knowledgeable than me about batteries tell me the difference between Trojan T-1275 and T-1275 Plus please - apart from the obvious difference of the V and linear cell cap positions?

https://www.trojanbattery.com/product/t-1275/

https://www.trojanbattery.com/product/t-1275_plus/

Thanks

The plus seems only to be available with low profile embedded terminals, the ordinary one with those and high profile terminals as well as a wider variety of cell cap positions.

Other than that the data sheets appear identical.

27 minutes ago, cuthound said:

The plus seems only to be available with low profile embedded terminals, the ordinary one with those and high profile terminals as well as a wider variety of cell cap positions.

Other than that the data sheets appear identical.

Ok, great thanks. 

I've just has 3 of these delivered. 2 had readings of 12.65v and the other one was 12.48v. When I tested the SG of the cells the lower voltage battery had a duff cell with readings well in the red. Why would that happen on a brand new T-1275 ? I called the supplier and told them I was rejecting the duff battery. They are sending someone over tomorrow to replace it. I wasn't very happy initially but got to give them credit for their customer service - assuming they do what they say.

Edited by blackrose

9 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I've just has 3 of these delivered. 2 had readings of 12.65v and the other one was 12.48v. When I tested the SG of the cells the lower voltage battery had a duff cell with readings well in the red. Why would that happen on a brand new T-1275 ? I called the supplier and told them I was rejecting the duff battery. They are sending someone over tomorrow to replace it. I wasn't very happy initially but got to give them credit for their customer service - assuming they do what they say.

Blimey doesnt the price of these vary massively for the same battery from 190 squids up to nearly 300 flippin eck what a difference for the same unit.

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

We have had several duff batteries in the last 12 months direct from suppliers, they at first blame the boats and charging systems, but when the rest go the same way with 2 independent electricians showing the boat systems to be fine, agree to replace - but don't pay for the time or aggravation/inconvenience.

We have removed one Northampton supplier from our phone list, one battery was supplied unwatered!!

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Blimey doesnt the price of these vary massively for the same battery from 190 squids up to nearly 300 flippin eck what a difference for the same unit.

Standard unit will be the base price , wanting smaller sticky out bits in strange places ups the price by factors of strangeness and awkwardness.

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes it does vary. I ended up paying £620 for 3 including vat and delivery but I've seen them for about £238 each from places like Alpha and Battery Megastore.

Edited by blackrose