Porta Potti 365 Qube and earlier waste tank compatibility.

Featured Posts

Sorry it is toilets again ;)
Can't find anything relevant with the search, but am seeking advice re the newer Thetford Porta Potti 365 Qube which I am considering buying.

Will the several spare waste tanks that I have from the earlier 365 head (which were bought about 2005) fit the newer 365 Qube?

Many thanks :)

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Why  not ask the Thetford website?

Fair point. I like to ask stuff on here first as many are knowledgeable about these things, often knowing tweaks that will make stuff work.
If nobody knows for certain I will ask thetford as you suggest.

Many thanks :)

Just an update in case it helps others in the future:
I contacted Thetford as suggested, though their answer was inconclusive.

Midland Chandlers were very helpful and advised me that the old 365 series cassettes won't fit the newer 365 Qube.
Even more disappointing is that allegedly you can't buy spare cassettes for the newer 365 Qube, and would presumably need to buy a compete second unit to have a spare cassette.

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Just an update in case it helps others in the future:
I contacted Thetford as suggested, though their answer was inconclusive.

Midland Chandlers were very helpful and advised me that the old 365 series cassettes won't fit the newer 365 Qube.
Even more disappointing is that allegedly you can't buy spare cassettes for the newer 365 Qube, and would presumably need to buy a compete second unit to have a spare cassette.

This was discussed on here a year or so ago (though I can't find the thread now). I seem to remember that officially you cannot buy spare cassettes but that the OP found an unofficial source.

Better all round with a pump out then.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

5 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Better all round with a pump out then.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

Horses for courses.
Nothing against pump outs, but for our situation a pump out would be about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike.

With a little care, the Qube top will sit relatively securely on the 365 tank, but it does not latch. Another option is to empty the Qube tank into the 365 tank. You may not empty as fully as you would like, and it is best done on the bank, and if you can plan to empty a little sooner than you normally would, it works O.K. We do not normally expect to be anywhere longer than 3-4 days, so one tank is sufficient. A live aboard using the full 14 days squatting would soon get fed up, as for us it is an expedient rather than normal practice.

15 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

With a little care, the Qube top will sit relatively securely on the 365 tank, but it does not latch. Another option is to empty the Qube tank into the 365 tank. You may not empty as fully as you would like, and it is best done on the bank, and if you can plan to empty a little sooner than you normally would, it works O.K. We do not normally expect to be anywhere longer than 3-4 days, so one tank is sufficient. A live aboard using the full 14 days squatting would soon get fed up, as for us it is an expedient rather than normal practice.

Good info. Thanks :)