Injector Puller

mark99

Featured Posts

First thing is to loosen the fastenings a couple of turns (DO NOT REMOVE COMPLETELY)  and try to start the engine.  That will often loosen the injectors enough to pull them out.  Beware of lots of smoke!

If not,0

I  have a purpose made slide hammer for Kelvin injector bodies. It screws in where the injector drain screw fits.

If you can get into the spaces under the securing bolt holes or any 'ears' on the injector then wedges can be effective.

For a CAV or similar body with a cap nut over the setting nut I would make up a hollow ended piece to screw onto the injector body and attach to a slide hammer.

If you remember to take the injectors out about once a year they will usually come out without tools.  Heavy on copper washers tho.  Put coppaslip on the the outside whe refitting if they are a close fit into the head.

N0

Gardners puller is a special bolt which screws into the leak off connection. as per picture and a flat bar which sits across the head

I use a slide hammer directly into the same fitting. The thread is somewhat obscure as it is an Admiralty Thread 7/16 whit form  x 24 TPI.

As Mark says there is no copper washer just conical seat on the injecter nut against a taper in the head.

They can get tight with carbon build up between the nozzle and the head

Steve

Injector Puller.jpg

Edited by Split Pin
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, LEO said:

Hi,

I have a Gardner box spanner for injectors and a slide hammer (made by Tim Leech) if you want to borrow them...

M.

Ta Mike kind offer. I may just get it done by an expert and watch.  ;)

2 hours ago, LEO said:

Hi,

I have a Gardner box spanner for injectors and a slide hammer (made by Tim Leech) if you want to borrow them...

M.

Tim put one on the side for me but unfortunately he was taken from us far too early and before I could collect it.

Hi,

A couple of pics of the Gardner injector (sprayer) spanner I have, it's 10cm long (the 'T' bar is 60mm) and the box opening is 14mm, The  small Brass plate. has the Gardner logo, and instruction - SPRAYER KEY - tighten the clamp nuts only with this key if the nuts are screwed up too tightly the sprayer cannot work properly.

So don't tighten your nuts up too much.

Mike.

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG