Dokio solar panels

bill brown

Featured Posts

It does say this:

!!ATTENTION!!

This solar panel, due to its thinness,the sun shines for too long and is prone to heat,Please pay attention to heat dissipation

Especially placed on the roof of the house , motorhome roof

but we all know that anyway. But I'm happy with semi flexibles on my cream roof.

5 hours ago, pearley said:

It does say this:

!!ATTENTION!!

This solar panel, due to its thinness,the sun shines for too long and is prone to heat,Please pay attention to heat dissipation

Especially placed on the roof of the house , motorhome roof

but we all know that anyway. But I'm happy with semi flexibles on my cream roof.

Solar panels that get damaged by the sun, it seems.

14 hours ago, LadyG said:

Do they have a 25 year guarantee?

Do they have any guarantee?

Do they have 5,000 5 star reviews?

The link would have revealed all...

5 years workmanship and 25 years output. There's even a 5 star review from a bloke who fitted them on his narrowboat in November.

What isn't clear is if they have bypass diodes to help with partial shading that is often hard to avoid for boaters.

47 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Wasn’t that impressed with bimble or solar photonics that a lot on here rave about 

slightly worrying that only 2 quite old reviews for these ones 

I'd be more worried if there was a couple of dozen reviews.  I did have a 100w flexible solar from Photonic Universe until recently* and it was pretty good, although it did cost £180

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The link would have revealed all...

5 years workmanship and 25 years output. There's even a 5 star review from a bloke who fitted them on his narrowboat in November.

What isn't clear is if they have bypass diodes to help with partial shading that is often hard to avoid for boaters.

From what it says here it seems they do have bypass diodes, just not the best command of English but then my Chinese ain't great.

*I detached it from the roof to do some painting and it blew into the canal ?. Very light piece of kit ? just not light enough to float. 

3 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Wasn’t that impressed with bimble 

Nor me. 

I bought a panel from them a few years ago had a slight niggle with it, emailed them about it, was ignored. 

Bought another panel three years later, same niggle not fixed. Emailed about it, ignored again.

Where is LadyG to do her 'not impressed' thing????

(Niggle was panel described as having fly-leads attached with MC4 connectors on the ends. Both panels came sans fly-leads. Had to make my own. 

• Unimpressed 1

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nor me. 

I bought a panel from them a few years ago had a slight niggle with it, emailed them about it, was ignored. 

Bought another panel three years later, same niggle not fixed. Emailed about it, ignored again.

Where is LadyG to do her 'not impressed' thing????

And to balance that - I bought a panel, delivered next day by their preferred carrier and it was broken - phoned up and a replacement was received the next morning.

Have bought several since and never had a single problem - the only issue was one that arrived without any leads - however as they pointed out - the text did say no leads supplied with this panel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And to balance that - I bought a panel, delivered next day by their preferred carrier and it was broken - phoned up and a replacement was received the next morning.

Have bought several since and never had a single problem - the only issue was one that arrived without any leads - however as they pointed out - the text did say no leads supplied with this panel.

Well that's fair enough. My panel is described on the website specifically as coming complete with flyleads. Not . big deal to me as I have the gear and the stock to just make them up, but a right ball-ache to someone expecting the web page description to be correct when making up a purchase list of stuff to buy to DIY their installation.  They would be two MC4 connectors short. 

Also not good to ignore two emails telling them about it. Not hard to change the web page to match what they actually send out, is it?