Shed of the Year

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I am thinking you have me 100% wrong.

i am suggesting not judging the whole of a person by their circumstance

i like cats goats have a best friend who is a social worker and um spent 2 years of my life working in a homeless hostel as a volunteer, before retraining in a caring profession

Then I apologise.

1 minute ago, roland elsdon said:

Several of my cats have behaved like both , but sensibly drew the line at invading russia

Babbage was going to invade Russia when we went to St Petersburg last year but decided that the crunchy biscuits were priority.

20190411_181253.jpg

• Happy 1

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Several of my cats have behaved like both , but sensibly drew the line at invading russia

One of my cats brought home a frozen chicken still in the plastic wrapper,invading Russia would have been a walk in the park.The window cleaner always made sure the cat wasn't about as Daley would climb up the ladder after him!!!???

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, carlt said:

I just see shelters like these and am glad that the occupant isn't in a shop doorway.

I don't care if they have a licence, BSC or are paying a mooring fee...

The homeless will take shelter where they can find it, regardless of the swivel eyed snobs making sneering comments.

You manage to generate as much disdain for yourself as the occupier of this shelter gets from you without being vulnerably housed...

...Congratulations

I've had times when I'd have been glad of something like that. Park benches and bus shelters for a while make you more tolerant of those wbo get stuck, and it's a lot harder to get yourself back on track now than it was fifty years ago. I can't see that a few sheds here and there ruin it for the rest of us. The way things are, there will be a lot more of them soon. 

• Greenie 3

4 hours ago, Ian F B said:

One of my cats brought home a frozen chicken still in the plastic wrapper,

Lightweight.

A pair of my cats working together once brought a still hot, freshly roasted chicken in through the catflap on the boat.

One has to wonder where the hell they got it from at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon. One of the terrace of victorian houses we were moored up by, presumably...

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Lightweight.

A pair of my cats working together once brought a still hot, freshly roasted chicken in through the catflap on the boat.

One has to wonder where the hell they got it from at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon. One of the terrace of victorian houses we were moored up by, presumably...

I hope you all enjoyed it.  Clever cats.

On 16/04/2019 at 18:52, Mike the Boilerman said:

Actually the one on front of it doesn't look that great either....

Or is it behind? :giggles:

My pic is from the same angle too.

However once I've powered up my hard drive I have a photo from last Easter and I'm pretty sure it's the same boat.

Where it is seems to have a massive homeless problem. We walked down onto the river below and found a rather large camp. To be honest they had done a good job and looked like they had some good facilities.

We wanted to get past to do something further on but left them to be.

Edited by thebfg
Double post
  • Greenie 1

I've seen a few encampments/fairy woodland grotos along this stretch - but invariably they are rather nicely done. Seem to be quite nice people about - chilled but not slackers? I digress.

I like the second picture (of the man cruising in the green shed!). Shed it might be but he's not gonna overstay his two weeks - even without an engine.

21 minutes ago, Johny London said:

I've seen a few encampments/fairy woodland grotos along this stretch - but invariably they are rather nicely done. Seem to be quite nice people about - chilled but not slackers? I digress.

I like the second picture (of the man cruising in the green shed!). Shed it might be but he's not gonna overstay his two weeks - even without an engine.

Likewise. I thought it was really smart.