Shed of the Year

Featured Posts

I actually think its an old site hut put on oil drums, with other garnishings - not necessarily the case that someone is living in it though. I still can't believe it could get a licence - there's bits sticking out everywhere, aside from anything else.

2 minutes ago, Johny London said:

I still can't believe it could get a licence - there's bits sticking out everywhere, aside from anything else.

I'm not aware of any restriction like that that makes it unlicensable.

The most likely impediment to a boat getting a licence could be where a BSS is required, but you don't have to be "seaworthy" to get a BSS - you just need to comply with what the BSS requires for a boat f that type.

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Licence or no licence I wouldn't want to bump into a piece of scaffolding pole end on. 

I'm not sure there are any that are not fairly visible?

Unlike a certain canal feature near where we moor, where a pole projects out from a building maybe 5 feet into the channel, but a foot below water level!

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm not sure there are any that are not fairly visible?

Unlike a certain canal feature near where we moor, where a pole projects out from a building maybe 5 feet into the channel, but a foot below water level!

I don't know the feature you mean, but that doesn't sound very sporting. 

34 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

It's actually incredibly sad to think that someone lives in that - I've kept animals in better accommodation. ?

It might be very smartly fitted out inside. 

Lots of boats are you know, including some that look a wreck externally...

(But I bet its not!!)

26 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

(But I bet its not!!)

Quite nice inside

tardis-interior-2012-snowmen.jpg

• Happy 1

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It does look as if the owner is still fitting it out - pile of timber on the bank, large sections of board on the back (or is it front?) deck.

The owner should be easy to recognise: judging by the back (front?) door it'll be someone very slim.

15 hours ago, Johny London said:

Thought I'd get the ball rolling wit this little treasure. I can't believe crt would ever give something like this a license.

"That's Amaaaaazing" as George Clark would say.

Shed of the year.JPG

Looks ready to turn turtle, and appears to have a guy rope just in case...

9 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

No i think its the mooring line ( economy mooring) means you can shout and foam at people who dare to go past, as it is tied to a nice high point

No shouting and foaming on this thread of course... 

No its rare to find a thread that doesnt have a bit.

maybe i could say something to provoke a reaction.

how about it may be licenced insured have a mooring and a certificate, and be owned by a lbgt vegan social worker who does voluntary work with goats at the weekend and likes cats.

what hes a cyclist.... foam foam rant

33 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

No its rare to find a thread that doesnt have a bit.

maybe i could say something to provoke a reaction.

how about it may be licenced insured have a mooring and a certificate, and be owned by a lbgt vegan social worker who does voluntary work with goats at the weekend and likes cats.

what hes a cyclist.... foam foam rant

I just see shelters like these and am glad that the occupant isn't in a shop doorway.

I don't care if they have a licence, BSC or are paying a mooring fee...

The homeless will take shelter where they can find it, regardless of the swivel eyed snobs making sneering comments.

You manage to generate as much disdain for yourself as the occupier of this shelter gets from you without being vulnerably housed...

...Congratulations

• Greenie 1

50 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I like cats and goats.

Edited by Chris Williams

1 hour ago, carlt said:

I just see shelters like these and am glad that the occupant isn't in a shop doorway.

I don't care if they have a licence, BSC or are paying a mooring fee...

The homeless will take shelter where they can find it, regardless of the swivel eyed snobs making sneering comments.

You manage to generate as much disdain for yourself as the occupier of this shelter gets from you without being vulnerably housed...

...Congratulations