This is it..!...we should be off this week...

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

Finally..  after purchasing the boat last November.....   we will be on board and off this week...

This is my second canal boat. We owned our last... Cleo No 3 from 2007 until 2014...and then made the huge mistake of buying a plastic power boat on the Thames.

In case anyone is wondering...this is something you should not ever do without a lottery win !

A 260hp engine...tends to be rather juicy.

Cleo was 60 feet as we anticipated the arrival of various friends and relatives...who never turned up....a bit like when you move abroad and look towards the horizon for the hoards who find many excuses for not visit more than once.

Miss-T-Morning is 42 feet...much more manageable for us.

We are at Newbury and plan a shake down cruise to Aldermaston before turning and heading to Bath...so give us a wave.

Took a while for CART to remove a bug from their computer so that I could tax it....and tonight celebrating the printing of my 6 month license.

Luckily we're exempt while in the marina....as it's on the Kennet.

Don't you just hate it when attempts to reset your password result in messages to contact customer services...especially when the page says...welcome to the new simplified system to make your life easier !!

All fixed now.

Anyway....looking good and sunny this week....so a celebration wine will be in order.

See yah !!!

Edited by Bobbybass
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ange said:

Enjoy!

Thanks Ange.

Although I took a strange..sideways excursion into a plastic cruiser..those couple of days I spent with you...Dave...and Millie .... started me hankering for a narrowboat again.

Maybe I'll get Dave's instructions for the pressure cooker vodka maker..?

Cheers !

Bob

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

OMG ?

Please promise us you're gonna change that...

Or my sides are gonna split every time you pass!

This is a serious question.

People keep saying the same thing.

Does it have hidden meaning that eludes me ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bobbybass said:

This is a serious question.

People keep saying the same thing.

Does it have hidden meaning that eludes me ?

It's a pun.

Puns are usually funny the first time you see or hear the. After that, their appeal palls.

(Says he, whose last boat was called 'Batto').

Allegedly there was a salty water yacht named Passing Wind, though not sure if that is a pun, as such.

I upset my Step-Mum suggesting they could change the name of their new house from 'Bella Vista', they never did, thank  goodness it was not "Dun Roamin"

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

15 hours ago, LadyG said:

Allegedly there was a salty water yacht named Passing Wind, though not sure if that is a pun, as such.

I upset my Step-Mum suggesting they could change the name of their new house from 'Bella Vista', they never did, thank  goodness it was not "Dun Roamin"

There are far worse than Passing Wind floating around.

Norfolk Enchants

Wet Dream

A yacht called Blow Job

41 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

There are far worse than Passing Wind floating around.

Norfolk Enchants

Wet Dream

A yacht called Blow Job

And "Naughty Cal" of this parish. 

I don't usually bother with name changes mainly because I'm too lazy to think of something new but I don't like the name of my latest boat at all so was all set to discuss ideas with the family (apart from youngest son who would only consider Fortnite characters) until I received all the documentation right back to the Fairey build sheet proving that it has had the name from birth so we're sticking with "Don Pedro" even though it sounds like a name for a Guinea Pig. 

2 hours ago, carlt said:

I don't usually bother with name changes mainly because I'm too lazy to think of something new but I don't like the name of my latest boat at all so was all set to discuss ideas with the family (apart from youngest son who would only consider Fortnite characters) until I received all the documentation right back to the Fairey build sheet proving that it has had the name from birth so we're sticking with "Don Pedro" even though it sounds like a name for a Guinea Pig. 

I know a joke about Don Pedro.

It's not a fish joke though.

4 hours ago, carlt said:

Yes. We were too lazy to change ours as well even though it was not her original build name.

And can we have some pictures of the Fairey please? :D

4 hours ago, Bobbybass said:

Norfolk Enchants...?

You lot are too clever for me....?

Just say it out loud.

On 16/04/2019 at 07:39, Bobbybass said:

Thanks Ange.

Although I took a strange..sideways excursion into a plastic cruiser..those couple of days I spent with you...Dave...and Millie .... started me hankering for a narrowboat again.

Maybe I'll get Dave's instructions for the pressure cooker vodka maker..?

Cheers !

Bob

I do have a photo somewhere of you sharing your bed with Millie - I can't find it at the moment but it may pop up.

Dave says absolutely - our boaty brews were legendary - you're welcome to take up the mantle of blowing unsuspecting friends heads off ?

X

PS if your current purchase is anything to do with us I'm proud of it x

Edited by Ange