Remove old vehicles from my TFL account

MtB

Featured Posts

Each time I replace my van I can never work out how to remove the old one from my Transport For London congestion charge account. I now have four vans registered there to me, only one of which I own.

If a subsequent owner uses one of the old traded-in vans I'm gonna get charged, possibly a LOT should one of them start being taken into the charging area or into the LEZ or ULEZ areas.

Does anyone know how to remove a vehicle from a TFL congestion charge account? TFL ignore emails asking, I've searched their help files and found nothing, and googling returns naff all. So I thought I'd ask on here!

29 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Each time I replace my van I can never work out how to remove the old one from my Transport For London congestion charge account. I now have four vans registered there to me, only one of which I own.

If a subsequent owner uses one of the old traded-in vans I'm gonna get charged, possibly a LOT should one of them start being taken into the charging area or into the LEZ or ULEZ areas.

Does anyone know how to remove a vehicle from a TFL congestion charge account? TFL ignore emails asking, I've searched their help files and found nothing, and googling returns naff all. So I thought I'd ask on here!

This reminded me to remove my old car.

Assuming you are on auto pay:

Log into your account at https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge, Click the 'Manage Auto Pay' box, In the list of vehicles in the 'Vehicles active on Auto Pay' area there is an 'x' by each one. Click on this to remove the vehicle.

Worked for me

This also reminded me to do the same for my Dartford Crossing account

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis
  • Greenie 2

23 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Mike, if you would just let us know the reg. nos. we could buy your old van/s and save a fortune into the bargain.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1