Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
magpie patrick

Music onboard - how do you listen?

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Oh yeah? You dare not put yer age on yer profile innitt 😊

You would only get upset :D

I'm not expecting there will still be buses by the time I qualify for a bus pass ...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Oh yeah? You dare not put yer age on yer profile innitt 😊

No, seriously, I've met him in a bridge 'ole - he's about 12!  I don't know how he knows so much about boats and canals - he must either be lighting with Google or his Dad's downstairs! ;)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

I lived there for several months back in the 1970s, Radio Oxford, no problem.  What has happened?

Didn't try Radio Oxford. Radio 4 DAB was unreliable, and our Giffgaff (O2) phones no signal. Fortunately the EE internet was OK, so we listened to The Archers online.

Noticed that the electronic indicators on the station plaforms were displaying "no signal" errors too.

MP.

22 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

I lived there for several months back in the 1970s, Radio Oxford, no problem.  What has happened?

They've installed a Huawei mast - all the radio and mobile phone signals and data are directed straight back to the Chinese government...  :ninja:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MoominPapa said:

we listened to The Archers online.

Good grief, are they still going?   I remember when they replaced 'Dick Barton, Special Agent' - now that was worth listening to.

I find that I have junked most audio stuff and use either phone or laptop for CD/Radio/MP3 etc.  For speakers I use a tiny Sony Bluetooth cube or Sony Bluetooth headphones (both excellent.)

We just use a Pure DAB radio. Always able to get a signal although some times we have to move it across the boat.

All of my music is on a memory card in my phone. I connect this to the aux input of the car stereo on the boat if I want to share it with others, or if I'm on my own I use headphones.

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Phone (either stored albums or streamed radio or Spotify) to a decent, rechargeable Bluetooth speaker. No draw on the batteries, charge when cruising.

That’s what we do too.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

No, seriously, I've met him in a bridge 'ole - he's about 12!  I don't know how he knows so much about boats and canals - he must either be lighting with Google

I waited for the edit time to expire before replying...

That comment brightened up my day :D

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

or his Dad's downstairs! ;)

Father is taller than 4" thanks. Not much room in the bilges!  Downstairs has an engine and a wine cellar - I am quite good at organising boats! :P :captain: :boat:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - I'll pass on the wind up gramophone and the wax cylinder for the moment - sounds like a cheap measure in the short term would be a Walkman (I have two - one CD and one mp3) with a cable to a speaker. Plus perhaps get myself a spotify account on the phone....

Edited by magpie patrick

6 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I waited for the edit time to expire before replying...

That comment brightened up my day :D

Father is taller than 4" thanks. Not much room in the bilges!  Downstairs has an engine and a wine cellar - I am quite good at organising boats! :P :captain: :boat:

I get so tired of going back yonedit tablet typos (there's another!) I let that "lightning" one go - actually, there's so much fun to be had by others in pointing them out it seems only fair to leave a few. :P

I don't have stairs to the bilge, but I do have them down to the cabin. Mind you, I don't (yet) have a wine cellar so I actually prefer your methodology in organising your boat! :D