iNFO on Sussex location required...

garyw

Featured Posts

I can only repeat what information has been handed to me by the authorities... the real situation is that no one really knows the full extent of the requirements. Spain residents get one set of information from Europe and one set from the UK government.

It doesnt matter, we will see if a change is a coming or not.. 

We get weekly update emails from the UK government about Wrecksit (thank you Tam&Di) and we suspect that much of what Gary is reading is based on the assumption of a hard Wrecksit.

Try looking at gov.uk then search for brexit, remember that most info given is for a no deal scenario.

For residency in France, a proof of income, health cover and probably being registered for tax here is what they will want. Thanks to Wrecksit the French administration can’t cope with the amount of people asking for residency, French driving licences, and putting uk reg cars on French plates, so there is a moratorium informally in place atm.

On 14/04/2019 at 13:03, garyw said:

I think a year or two cruising England internally would be amazing... Bummer that the Wey and Arun are not joined... Guess its a look at Guildford then...

Only skimmed the thread but I haven't seen mention of the fact that should you revert to looking at Guildford, you cannot live on a boat on the Wey. Nor can you 'continuously cruise'. You will have to buy or rent a legitimate mooring to keep a boat on The Wey. 

Thanks Mike. I think the choice is to now pick somewhere in the canal network, find a marina or do continuous cruising and put in a marina when working... It will have to be what it is.

8 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

We get weekly update emails from the UK government about Wrecksit (thank you Tam&Di) and we suspect that much of what Gary is reading is based on the assumption of a hard Wrecksit.

Try looking at gov.uk then search for brexit, remember that most info given is for a no deal scenario.

For residency in France, a proof of income, health cover and probably being registered for tax here is what they will want. Thanks to Wrecksit the French administration can’t cope with the amount of people asking for residency, French driving licences, and putting uk reg cars on French plates, so there is a moratorium informally in place atm.

What I have repeated is the information we get from the UK ambassador here in Spain. At this point, I've given up on speculation. But there will be NO continuation of easy access to Europe. We will be outside the Union.

36 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

So how many companies stockpiled tons of stuff including the NHS ready for Brexit on March 29th on Government Advice. I get the feeling the Government has no more idea than us what the effects will be or when they will hit.

• 2 weeks later...