Replacing 90ah with 115ah batteries?

Woody33

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

That's what happens when one is probably an undiagnosed dyslexic. I have always missed letters out and read what I think is on the page rather than what actually is. I do think those Switches are the work of the devil though.

Join the club, you never see your own mistakes and thank god for spill chuckers, I just need one now that knows what word I wanted to use in what context.

If the batteries are changed for ones of different dimensions, including height, then make sure that they are are properly held in the battery bank, so they can't move around. This is a Boat Safety Scheme requirement and good sense too.

3.1.2Arebatteriessecureagainstexcessivemovementinanydirection?RCheckbyvisualassessmenttheextentallbatteries,batteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,canmove.Applylightmanualforcetoallbatteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,toverifytheextentofpossiblemovement.Allbatteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,mustbefreeofsignsofmovementorpossiblemovement.Allbatteriesmustbeincapableofmovementinexcessof10mminanydirection.NOTErestraintagainstverticalmovementisgenerallyrequired.Howeverbatteriesmaybesecuredbymeansofacradleorframeworksufficienttoensurebatteriesremainsecureunderanyconditionupto45 ̊tothehorizontal.Recesses,cradlesorframeworksextendingtohalftheheightofthebatterymeetthisallowance.

You'd have thought the BSS team would have had a typewriter with a working space-bar.

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

3.1.2Arebatteriessecureagainstexcessivemovementinanydirection?RCheckbyvisualassessmenttheextentallbatteries,batteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,canmove.Applylightmanualforcetoallbatteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,toverifytheextentofpossiblemovement.Allbatteryboxes,cradles,frameworksetc,mustbefreeofsignsofmovementorpossiblemovement.Allbatteriesmustbeincapableofmovementinexcessof10mminanydirection.NOTErestraintagainstverticalmovementisgenerallyrequired.Howeverbatteriesmaybesecuredbymeansofacradleorframeworksufficienttoensurebatteriesremainsecureunderanyconditionupto45 ̊tothehorizontal.Recesses,cradlesorframeworksextendingtohalftheheightofthebatterymeetthisallowance.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You'd have thought the BSS team would have had a typewriter with a working space-bar.

Not sure quiet what happened there. Copy/Paste from the BSS pdf. Somehow the spaces fell out in between. I'll need to tip my computer upside down and empty them out before they     start appearing      where    they ar  en't   w  a  n t e d.

J  e   n

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Not sure quiet what happened there. Copy/Paste from the BSS pdf. Somehow the spaces fell out in between.

In the past I have laboriously edited the spaces back in when quoting the BSS. Now I tend just to make vague references to the BSS document so I don't have to.

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

In the past I have laboriously edited the spaces back in when quoting the BSS. Now I tend just to make vague references to the BSS document so I don't have to.

It's easier to just click the "Paste as plain text" button that pops up when you paste formatted text into the reply box.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

That's what happens when one is probably an undiagnosed dyslexic. I have always missed letters out and read what I think is on the page rather than what actually is. I do think those Switches are the work of the devil though.

I think it more likely that autocorrect or predictive text did  that to you, particularly as you managed perfectly well with "undiagnosed dyslexic"! :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think it more likely that autocorrect or predictive text did  that to you, particularly as you managed perfectly well with "undiagnosed dyslexic"! :D

No predictive text and no auto-correct would pick up a correctly spelt word. It was the spell checker that got the undiagnosed bit correct. Before I send my pieces to the magazine I always get my wife to proof read them. Not only does this throw up phrases and concepts she does not understand so I cab reword them so she can but it also throws up a fair few words with transposed letters or missing letters that the spell checker  does not flag because the word is spelt correctly, its just the wrong word. According to my daughter who is a senior type of teacher I have many attributes associated with dyslexia despite my enjoying reading. At school I was classed as just thick despite passing all three provisional 11 plus type exams.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

It's easier to just click the "Paste as plain text" button that pops up when you paste formatted text into the reply box.

Open‐flue appliances take their air for combustion from the space in which
they are installed.
Open‐flue appliances will always be fitted with a draught diverter, which
provides a draught break between the primary flue on the appliance and
the secondary flue connecting the draught diverter and the flue terminal.

This is what happens when I just cut and paste, but often I snip so that I get the full layout 

Capture.JPG

Edited by ditchcrawler

24 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

No predictive text and no auto-correct would pick up a correctly spelt word...

Oh I don't know - one or t'other certainly mangles my intentions when I somehow fail to hit the first letter or get the one next to it on the e-keyboard of my tablet. :banghead:

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh I don't know - one or t'other certainly mangles my intentions when I somehow fail to hit the first letter or get the one next to it on the e-keyboard of my tablet. :banghead:

This happens to me. I think It is a built in feature of tablets. ?