Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

Boater Sam

A peaceful weekend that will hopefully continue.

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Ok. 

Surely it’d be more fun to announce you’re intention to  ignore. 

So, as an experiment I shall choose to temporarily ignore boatersam to see how this works. 

Where’s the ignore button?

Go to your name top right, click, drop down menu includes ignore.

If I then send a post to your thread or your answer to a thread it only shows as a faded text line, the end of which lets you peep.

2 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Go to your name top right, click, drop down menu includes ignore.

I just said that you know :rolleyes:

ETA :huh: oh you might not.....

Edited by Tumshie
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Ok. 

Surely it’d be more fun to announce you’re intention to  ignore. 

So, as an experiment I shall choose to temporarily ignore boatersam to see how this works. 

Where’s the ignore button?

OK, let's if Goliath has me ignored.

Are you there Goliath?

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I just said that you know :rolleyes:

ETA :huh: oh you might not.....

I was typing, sorry posts passed.

Now you know................................................................................ sense of relief?

Have a hug!

7 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

I was typing, sorry posts passed.

Now you know................................................................................ sense of relief?

Have a hug!

12 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

OK, let's if Goliath has me ignored.

Are you there Goliath?

Yea

I don’t think i can do ignore from mobile?

7 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Yea

I don’t think i can do ignore from mobile?

Should be able to, I don't have a smart mobile so I can't check, can someone try on their phone please?

Oh, this is interesting, you can still report a post that you are ignoring! Wonderful.:clapping:

Edited by Boater Sam
added more

Can you ignore yourself?

Now that would be exciting you would never know what you are saying.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

I've never had anyone on ignore, because no-one's ever been nasty to me.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it because I'm 1. Boring? or  2. Too nice?  Is there a self-awareness button?

Edited to add an '  and a ? Obsessive, Me?

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

Now even more interesting is this long email I have received about my account here, what do I do about this?

Your account has been locked for security reasons

Inbox

x

Updates

x

Canal World <[email protected]>

19:45 (53 minutes ago)

to me

Canal World

Hi Boater Sam, 

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Newark, New Jersey, 07175, United States. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 04/13/19 20:00. 

Secure my account or Reset my password

Click here to view our privacy policy

Canal World

20:02 (36 minutes ago)

to me

Canal World

Hi Boater Sam, 

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Newark, New Jersey, 07175, United States. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 04/13/19 20:17. 

Canal World

20:12 (27 minutes ago)

to me

Canal World

Hi Boater Sam, 

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Amsterdam, North Holland, 1091, Netherlands. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 04/13/19 20:27. 

Canal World

20:15 (24 minutes ago)

to me

Canal World

Hi Boater Sam, 

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Amsterdam, North Holland, 1091, Netherlands. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 04/13/19 20:30. 

Canal World

20:15 (23 minutes ago)

to me

ReplyForward

Just now, Loddon said:

Can you ignore yourself?

No I tried! How sad was that?

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I've never had anyone on ignore, because no-ones ever been nasty to me.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it because I'm 1. Boring or  2. Too nice.  Is there a self-awareness button?

Its because you are not curmudgeonly.

Nope, can't find ignore button.

tried on iPad too.

will just have to sign out and log off

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Nope, can't find ignore button.

tried on iPad too.

will just have to sign out and log off

Go to your own profile, you can see "ignore user"  add his name.

I find it fun to have a "peek" so I can have a look when I am in the mood. But it tends to stop me making a witty response ?of the type that might enrage!

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

21 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Oh, this is interesting, you can still report a post that you are ignoring! Wonderful.:clapping:

If its on ignore you can't read it so how do you know it needs to be reported?

Is there something really interesting on the telly cos I keep losing my sodding internet ?

15 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Can you ignore yourself?

Some say that I already use that particular option :)

Edited by LadyG

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Go to your own profile, you can see "ignore user"  add his name.

If ind it fun to have a "peek" so I can have a look when I am in the mood. But it tends to stop me making a witty response ?

Even easier is just hover over user name on post and there are three options of Message, ignore or find content. Simply click on the ignore thing. I dont ignore anyone as its all nonsense anyway innitt.

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

If its on ignore you can't read it so how do you know it needs to be reported?

Is there something really interesting on the telly cos I keep losing my sodding internet ?

You peek by clicking the options at the end of the faded out message saying you have a post from an ignoramus.

The golf is on TV, and Windsor Castle, its just ending.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Even easier is just hover over user name on post and there are three options of Message, ignore or find content. Simply click on the ignore thing. I dont ignore anyone as its all nonsense anyway innitt.

That's it I give up I'm not helping anybody any more ?

I'll just be over here being chopped liver???

20 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I've never had anyone on ignore, because no-one's ever been nasty to me.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it because I'm 1. Boring? or  2. Too nice?  Is there a self-awareness button?

Edited to add an '  and a ? Obsessive, Me?

Two years since you last won the day, you are not contentious enough, , or dont have  enough  followers, or something else, too narcissistic, or not narcissistic enough. 

Edited by LadyG

I've had two on ignore, and similar to one of the earlier posts, both mine have left - however.............. I'm pretty sure one of them has come back under another name - the content and manner is very similar. Can't prove it, so no direct accusations from me. Just have to wait and see if they slip up!!!

Right

found it

boater sam you’re on ignore

your comments do not appear, instead there’s a faint sentence telling me im ignoring you but giving me the option to look

Unignored just as quick. 

Gives options and levels of ignoring. 

Wether posts, comments or messages. 

12 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Right

found it

boater sam you’re on ignore

your comments do not appear, instead there’s a faint sentence telling me im ignoring you but giving me the option to look

Unignored just as quick. 

Gives options and levels of ignoring. 

Wether posts, comments or messages. 

There you go, excellent.............................................................Oh, blast you are ignoring me?

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Oi! I was going to say that, and now you've nicked my post.  I shall have to put you on ignore.

MP.

• Happy 1