Property for sale with own mooring arm

Tonka

Featured Posts

Just now, The Bearwood Boster said:

I'd better go & prise open my piggy bank...

Why?

Do you actually want to spend £600k on a house with a mooring that you still have to pay 50% of the local renting price to CRT for?

I don't think you've thought this through properly!

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Why?

Do you actually want to spend £600k on a house with a mooring that you still have to pay 50% of the local renting price to CRT for?

I don't think you've thought this through properly!

I've seen this house loads of times as we passed by,If I could afford that sort of money-I wouldn't be bothered about spending a bit more dosh on the mooring.It would make life more convenient for the butler when he was getting the boat organised as well.?

On the first one, I think it is what the agent call “dated, needs some updating”. But it you do that you have a lot of house fron not a lot, but the postcode is probably the reason for that!  The interesting/cool bit is the arm, and I have wondered about that when going down the bottom lock.  Who owns the arm and is responsible for it maintenance.  The water is CRT’s so is there a NAA, as in principle the arm is a marina, or do CRT actually own the arm and you would pay an EOG fee.

The second one is a bit big for me, oh and also a bit too much cash, but that’s a detail.

The property on the next bend in the canal from Stourton going north was for sale but seems to have now been sold (1.2M asking price IIRC). It has a large large which connects to the canal. Would have made a nice mooring.https://www.google.com/maps/place/Prestwood,+Stourbridge/@52.4667152,-2.203091,763m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48708fcdca742583:0x2409cdf2d5ac5aa7!8m2!3d52.4712006!4d-2.1954517

On 13/04/2019 at 20:21, StephenA said:

Or you could go for this

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/50012835#HkGCpaQcAcwEBY0T.99

Offers in region of £389,950 (£300/sq. ft)

The beauty of this one is that the wharf should be private water - so you shouldn't have to pay CRT anything to moor a boat.

1 hour ago, mykaskin said:

The beauty of this one is that the wharf should be private water - so you shouldn't have to pay CRT anything to moor a boat.

Out of interest, why is that, please?

Is the mooring in the winding hole?

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Out of interest, why is that, please?

Is the mooring in the winding hole?

I assume - though don't actually know this site in particular - that like most of the wharves on the Shroppie, that the expansion of the canal was down to the landowner. These wharf sites that look like winding holes, are primarily private moorings but to allow boats to turn were made wider so boats could wind after unloading.

Mike

Just now, mykaskin said:

I assume - though don't actually know this site in particular - that like most of the wharves on the Shroppie, that the expansion of the canal was down to the landowner. These wharf sites that look like winding holes, are primarily private moorings but to allow boats to turn were made wider so boats could wind after unloading.

Mike

Do you reckon I'd be allowed to breast 2 alongside! ?

It rather appeals, other than I really can't claim the Shroppie to be amongst my most favourite canals.

I assume so long as you don't fall into the main channel of the canal you can moor as many as you like - and since it's private water one wonders if you could expand it to a marina and not need a connection charge...

In the details for the Tyrley property it does say

The property comes with its own private 23 metre mooring which can be used free of charge and there are also outdoor electric facilities

I thought usual estate agent inaccuracy as you would have to pay an EOG charge, but perhaps is this case the estate agent was telling the truth.

34 minutes ago, john6767 said:

In the details for the Tyrley property it does say

I thought usual estate agent inaccuracy as you would have to pay an EOG charge, but perhaps is this case the estate agent was telling the truth.

Impossible. The mouth only has to be open and lies fall out.

Edited by mark99

On 13/04/2019 at 20:21, StephenA said:

Or you could go for this

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/50012835#HkGCpaQcAcwEBY0T.99

Offers in region of £389,950 (£300/sq. ft)

We were trapped above that lock fòr sometime January(ish) 2017, I think, when repairs were delayed. Admired that property then and still do.