Green arrow

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The Flying Scotsman is coming past our house (500 yards away) at about 2:30 this afternoon.

No doubt (as usual) we will have 'undreds of cars blocking the lane.

I though it was temporarily on loan to the Swanage railway in Dorset.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Lovely. I want one....

(Well I think I do. What sort of toilet does it have?)

Bucket in the tender, seriousely.  Engines can't sit down because of the tender behind.   Gresley 2-6-2 MT  They say it was a class of engine that won the war.

9 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I though it was temporarily on loan to the Swanage railway in Dorset.

I used to go to school to on a steam train, every day come rain, shine or snow, walk 1.5 miles and then a half-hour ride to Loughborough, then a mile walk to school.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/catch-glimpse-flying-scotsman-lincolnshire-2752876

The Flying Scotsman will be travelling through the county as part of its trip from London back up to York's National Railway Museum.

Its route will take it through Spalding, Sleaford, Metheringham, Lincoln, Saxilby and Gainsborough on Saturday, April 13.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I used to go to school to on a steam train, every day come rain, shine or snow, walk 1.5 miles and then a half-hour ride to Loughborough, then a mile walk to school.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/catch-glimpse-flying-scotsman-lincolnshire-2752876

The Flying Scotsman will be travelling through the county as part of its trip from London back up to York's National Railway Museum.

Its route will take it through Spalding, Sleaford, Metheringham, Lincoln, Saxilby and Gainsborough on Saturday, April 13.

Once upon a time you could rely on the the trains to keep running whatever the weather when other forms of transport were grounded, but not anymore, trains seen to be the first to become grounded, too much reliance on electronics in my opinion, storms knocking out signaling, snow in the traction motors, damp electronics, frozen points ect. Automation has gone way over the top, too complex. Look at the Boeing MAX 8, Boeing are in dead trouble. The aviation bods are calling it ''Automation Surprise''. A couple of years ago during a snowy spell steam hauled excursions were being held up by modern trains conking out ahead of them.

3 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

To be sensible and back on topic, the arrow is green only when the cursor is on it. If you are on a smartphone it may be off screen.

At last - I thought we would never get there. 

See these flipping muppets that just can't stay on topic with all there larking about. IDK, SMH.