Hi everyone - advice needed please

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

but if you stop to think about how many regularly active lady posters there are it's pitifully few. (You could probbly count them on one hand)

Gosh that is a shame us girlies have to stick together! x

40 minutes ago, Laura_Newbie said:

Thanks soo much that;s fab just reading it now it's soo funny! x

It is, in my view, the most entertaining (and wickedly observant) piece ever posted on here, at least in the years that I have been a CWDF member. It launched "Starry" into waterways journalism, which I believe she still does, when one of the major monthly boatimags published a revised version of it.

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

It is, in my view, the most entertaining (and wickedly observant) piece ever posted on here, at least in the years that I have been a CWDF member. It launched "Starry" into waterways journalism, which I believe she still does, when one of the major monthly boatimags published a revised version of it.

It's one I've reposted a few times too it's brilliant, and it has a sequel. Assuming that's not the sequel then it has a prequel. 

It is a sad loss to the forum that women like her felt they could no longer stay - which is saying something rather monumental considering just how well loved she was/is. 

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 3

18 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

She got pissed off with misogyny on the forum and left, so she tells me.

Such a pity. I first met her at thev Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering the year we moved here (2014) along with several other CWDF members, including your good self and then met her at a banter the next year.

She is as witty and charming in real life as on here.

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, Ray T said:

I met her on Saturday when I was walking the dog along the cut. She is well and still living on a boat.

And did she have her pockets full of treats for the dog, she claims dogs love her but it's just cupboard love :)

• Greenie 2

Ok well now getting more into what it takes to become a boaty girl lol! And here's me today packing and using old packaging to actually get rid of stuff to charity shops and after selling others on Ebay. You see I am downsizing already people!!! x

Edited by RichM
Poster requested removal

On 15/04/2019 at 17:55, Laura_Newbie said:

Ok well now getting more into what it takes to become a boaty girl lol! And here's me today packing and using old packaging to actually get rid of stuff to charity shops and after selling others on Ebay. You see I am downsizing already people!!! x

Am I the only one that's just a little bit suspicious about that photo?

Apologies to Laura if it really is her rather than, for example, Rusty in disguise.

• Horror 1

On 15/04/2019 at 17:55, Laura_Newbie said:

Well done, you star!

Edited by RichM
Member photo removed