Hi everyone - advice needed please

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Athy said:

You can

No I can't 

If I am quoted by you then I can not edit what is with in the quote box in your post - I can not go to post 171 and edit the words within that quote box even though they are the words that I wrote in my original post - I can edit my original post but not the quotes that people repost. 

I'm not sure if you genuinely don't realise this or are being deliberately obtuse about it so that you can split hairs. 

1 hour ago, Athy said:

You can - but I think that there's a time limit within which you can edit your post - an hour? After that, if you want it edited, you can ask a moddy to do it - it is something which we do quite often for members. Sometimes a member asks if we can completely delete their post, and we do that too. 

This does not apply to posts that have been reposted as quotes - which you seem not to understand or choose not to for the benefit of continuing the practice of editing other peoples posts. 

Edited by Athy
By agreement, after discussion with T.
  • Greenie 1

It must be a full moon or something, I just had a strange conversation with a lady who lives next to a main road which is currently closed, She had no idea what I was talking about; turns out she has been on holiday and took a novel route back to her house last night!

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

imagine this place to be a village pub where old Bob is still annoyed that the young whippersnapper Sam won best in show for his turnips 30 years ago.

There is plenty of good advice freely given, buckle up and enjoy the madness 

Oi!

Who's calling me old?

4 hours ago, Laura_Newbie said:

Omgosh people please if you want to fight can you start a new thread. This is my "I'm a newbie" thread and me just saying hi and asking things! How can I stop this? x

Just keep your head down and let them play

6 hours ago, Laura_Newbie said:

Omgosh people please if you want to fight can you start a new thread. This is my "I'm a newbie" thread and me just saying hi and asking things! How can I stop this? x

Don’t worry about it. Just ignore posts that you feel are irrelevant to you. It’s no big deal, really :)

5 hours ago, Athy said:

You can - but I think that there's a time limit within which you can edit your post - an hour? After that, if you want it edited, you can ask a moddy to do it - it is something which we do quite often for members. Sometimes a member asks if we can completely delete their post, and we do that too. 

Can we ask a mod to delete a post someone else wrote :icecream:?

• Greenie 1

Laura, to get back to something like your original point, a few years ago we had a newbie single thirty-something femail joined the forum and expressed an interest in living on a boat. In less than a month, a late night post-pub bid on Ebay saw her as the new owner of a Springer narrow boat. A few months later she posted her thoughts on life afloat:

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Can we ask a mod to delete a post someone else wrote :icecream:?

This request programme gets asked that too!,yes, and if there is just cause, it can be done.

12 hours ago, David Mack said:

Laura, to get back to something like your original point, a few years ago we had a newbie single thirty-something femail joined the forum and expressed an interest in living on a boat. In less than a month, a late night post-pub bid on Ebay saw her as the new owner of a Springer narrow boat. A few months later she posted her thoughts on life afloat:

Thanks soo much that;s fab just reading it now it's soo funny! x

17 minutes ago, WotEver said:

What a shame. 

Before I joined the forum I spent a long time lurking reading old threads, there were several lady members who's posts I enjoyed reading, Starcoaster being one of them. It is a shame that they don't post anymore but it is also a tragedy for the forum, some long term lady members pop back to post a bit, people like Cheshire Rose and BSP, but if you stop to think about how many regularly active lady posters there are it's pitifully few. (You could probbly count them on one hand)

A little word from the profoundly wise Cheshire Rose