Hi everyone - advice needed please

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

Wasn't it obvious from the beginning?

Well, the opening statement "My name is Laura" would suggest a female to many people. What clues did you find in particular?

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I was rather hoping we could avoid this song and dance so that when the next young woman joins the forum it's not automatically assumed she is a sock puppet, and driven away. 

Edited by Tumshie

40 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I was also trying to avoid that ?

40 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No I'm not, and I think that some of our new women members are really adding to the forum, but women have also been driven away because they didn't write their first post in a manner the some of this Parrish would prefer and then when she stood up to their unfairness they drag out every "harpy" stereotype in the book.

So YES there have been some women who could have been productive members driven away before they even got started, and in light of the conversation held with in this thread about the lack of women actively posting on this forum it is important to me that we do not just assume that any woman that doesn't fit what we think boating women should look like aren't dismissed out of hand. 

I had hoped with the removal of her photos the this thread would just disappear without a fuss. 

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 2

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Well, the opening statement "My name is Laura" would suggest a female to many people. What clues did you find in particular?

It was the subtle comments such as 'virgin mobile', 'I'll have to look more into it, and can I sunbathe on the roof.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It was the subtle comments such as 'virgin mobile', 'I'll have to look more into it, and can I sunbathe on the roof.

When I invited my sister (36) and niece (15) to stay on my boat, one of the first things they asked was "can I sunbathe on the roof?". I suspect she would prefer that I'd bought a gin palace ?

Anyway, I can assure you they are both females. I hear sunbathing is quite the thing with the young ladies.

6 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

Not to mention her occupation: "Virtual Online Secretary".

I assume this means a secretary who works at a computer at home rather than going into the office each day. It looks no more nebulous that other job titles involving computers which I've seen!

On 12/04/2019 at 17:59, Tumshie said:

I am a source of great disappointment to them - I'm neither particularly young or very good at being a lady :giggles:

That's ok.Are you single? if so, could you post details of your boat?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I assume this means a secretary who works at a computer at home rather than going into the office each day. It looks no more nebulous that other job titles involving computers which I've seen!

No self respecting VA refers to them self as a secretary. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_assistant_(occupation)

So much for this thread disappearing with out any fuss. :rolleyes:

Just now, Señor Chris said:

Well it's not often we get online sex workers here touting for business.  At least I assume not!

I don't think the person doing the posting was the same person as the one in the pictures some how. But if it makes you happy you knock yourself out. ?

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I don't think the person doing the posting was the same person as the one in the pictures some how. But if it makes you happy you knock yourself out. ?

Did you notice how every picture was 'blurred' and 'photoshop looking'

Even the picture of the 'person' was blurred compared to the Amazon boxes.

It was good whilst it lasted.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Did you notice how every picture was 'blurred' and 'photoshop looking'

Even the picture of the 'person' was blurred compared to the Amazon boxes.

It was good whilst it lasted.

You still stole the best in show turnip prize