Tiles

Featured Posts

There is a ready mix super elastic flooring tile substrate available, but I think I'd go for at least 3mm ply underneath.

If it's going to get wet like a wet room, you have to take a different approach.

My experience is very limited,  only tiles on the kitchen floor, and the surrounds. 

I did a better job than the "tiler"who had to finish off [my knees], he used almost no understuff,  and then did not use waterproof tiling grout to finish the actual grouting, so it washes out. :(

It really needs done again, this time with a thick even screed of high elastic stuff.

I'd tend to use small tiles, and keep a few spares. In fact there are mozaic tiles on a mesh backing, worth a look for these, they should not be slippery of course.

Edited by LadyG

Ta Alan....just wasnt sure about the cold under the boat causing any sort of condensation under the tile and never being able to see if it was causing any damage eg rust

Ta Alan....just wasnt sure about the cold under the boat causing any sort of condensation under the tile and never being able to see if it was causing any damage eg rust

Ta Lady G

Tiling not a problem here...just not sure about reaction under the tile adhesive and tile....once there down i wont be able to see 

In my shower i have ply board on metal legs ....was hopi g to tiles direct to the base plate of the boat

20 minutes ago, markmiller said:

Ta Lady G

Tiling not a problem here...just not sure about reaction under the tile adhesive and tile....once there down i wont be able to see 

In my shower i have ply board on metal legs ....was hopi g to tiles direct to the base plate of the boat

We used  latex screed  on steel decks offshore and tiles in the galley area. If the latex is bonded to clean steel then no moisture or oxygen can get in to cause rust, just like epoxy paint, but if its not clean to start with then you will have problems

26 minutes ago, markmiller said:

Ta Lady G

It is going to be unbelievably cold underfoot in winter. I find tiles on thick ply, over an air gap, then concrete ballast, then baseplate chilly and I wear sandals all year round outdoors, given the option, unless the snow is thick enough to risk frostbite.

Jen

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

It is going to be unbelievably cold underfoot in winter. I find tiles on thick ply, over an air gap, then concrete ballast, then baseplate chilly and I wear sandals all year round outdoors, given the option, unless the snow is thick enough to risk frostbite.

Jen

You can try knitting some nice mohair socks, everlasting and no need to wash every month like normal socks ?

Edited by LadyG

9 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I was going to make a comment about Mofur Care but had to be extremely careful whilst typing it ....

They are in a 'bad way' :

Mothercare is in the middle of a shake-up to close stores as part of a rescue plan struck with creditors that has led to the loss of hundreds of jobs. It is set to close another 36 stores and is on course to have 79 stores by the end of March 2019, down from 137 in May 2018.