bleeding a sab 10 cc diesel engine

Donyh1

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Donyh1 said:

his can anyone help me i have a sab10cc one pot diesel engine and i need to bleed it though as i ran out of diesel and now it won't start thanks in advance 

u+V%0%LVTJ2FYUSOsKVTPA.jpg

I think you're going to need a bit more than bleeding to to get your boat moving !   ?

Start at the fuel connection on the engine where the pipe comes from the tank and work along each item in the fuel chain.  Loosen each connection and allow fuel to flow out until there are no bubbles.  Tighten the connection and move on to the next.   The fuel filter will have a  bleed screw, or screws, use these if they are obvious rather than the pipe connections, though the pipe connections will usually work.

The main injection pump will also have a bleed screw.  Find this and use it.  Post a close up pic and someone will tell you which is the bleed.

Once you have bled to the injection pump, and the injection pump itself, loosen the pipe to the injector at the injector end and crank the engine until fuel comes out, then tighten. Tighten the connection whilst cranking if possible.  Turn the engine over and you should hearthe injector creak.  If so it is all bled OK.

N

Make sure that your injector pump is bled, slacken the pipe union on the top of the injector pump, and manually pump vigorously the lift pump. Sabbs can be a bugger to start if there's any air in the injector pump.

+1 check that there is/was no water in the bottom of your tank, preferably, change your fuel filter before you start bleeding it.

Good luck!