Gayton Junction - Short Break

Stephen Sugg

Featured Posts

Hello, haven't been on for quite some time.

Going for a short break from Friday from Gayton. Looking forward to it.

Taking my wife, my mum and my daughter, who is now 13 ( I remember announcing her birth on here).  Different wife now though.

Will wave if I see any boats I recognise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, we had a good weekend, weather could have been better, we had hail and all sorts.  Met some lovely people.  Only down side was my mum had a her card cloned in a canal side restaurant, that, we later found out on TripAdvisor, has a history of such things.  How can they get away with it?

8 minutes ago, Stephen Sugg said:

Just an update, we had a good weekend, weather could have been better, we had hail and all sorts.  Met some lovely people.  Only down side was my mum had a her card cloned in a canal side restaurant, that, we later found out on TripAdvisor, has a history of such things.  How can they get away with it?

Name it please or at least give the location.

2 hours ago, Stephen Sugg said:

Indian Restaurant - Canal side  - Stoke Bruerne.  Should narrow it down.

I would probably have gone in there last year, during our Southern GU trip, but for the fact that my wife dislikes Indian/Asian/spicy food (I love it).

Glad I didn't now!

I'm intrigued as to what is going on there if they have a reputation and, more to the point, how they get away with as you say.

12 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I would probably have gone in there last year, during our Southern GU trip, but for the fact that my wife dislikes Indian/Asian/spicy food (I love it).

Glad I didn't now!

I'm intrigued as to what is going on there if they have a reputation and, more to the point, how they get away with as you say.

We are going down to Stoke Bruene next week, guess where we will NOT be eating.

We were in there a month ago! Cant remember which card we used.

Runs off to check!

ETA

Having now been through all of our credit cards there is no trace of it so for once we must have paid cash.

Edited by Loddon

Well, you would think so.  Immediately that we discovered what had happened, via phone call from the bank, I emailed the restaurant for a comment, I asked them through facebook and twitter to explain.  Nothing was heard, so I gave them a couple of days and emailed the local rag. Still nothing from the restaurant. The bank are taking it forward (whatever that means).