Another CaRT Survey

Midnight

Featured Posts

Received an email today asking to complete another survey. No matter what boaters say I'm guessing the results will show CaRT are a wonderful organisation and we boaters are very satisfied with their performance and state of the waterways. 

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Received an email today asking to complete another survey. No matter what boaters say I'm guessing the results will show CaRT are a wonderful organisation and we boaters are very satisfied with their performance and state of the waterways. 

56 minutes ago, Midnight said:

CaRT say it's anonymous but the email link includes a code which they will say prevents duplicate responses but could also identify the user.

Just like when you voted for or against Brixit or vote in a council or general election 

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

So, they ask you for your opinion and you've already decided that it's a bad thing, accused them of cheating and have predicted the outcome. Good to see them seeking out balanced views! :D

No doubt one of the follow on questions will be :

"Where you near water yesterday ?"

A = Yes

Then they will correlate your "yesterday I was happy" and "yesterday I was not anxious" and claim that being near water makes you happy and reduces anxiety. - "Making Life Better By Water" - Job-Done !!!

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

Why on earth does CaRT need to know how happy I am?

I recently had a survey arrive from the local hospital Outpatients dept. First question: Would you recommend this outpatients reception to your friends and family?

Well, if they were poorly and had an appointment then yes. Otherwise no, but don’t take it personally...

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I recently had a survey arrive from the local hospital Outpatients dept. First question: Would you recommend this outpatients reception to your friends and family?

Well, if they were poorly and had an appointment then yes. Otherwise no, but don’t take it personally...

I answered a similar survey with " What choice would they have? Spend your money on healthcare rather than pointless box ticking exercises."

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, koukouvagia said:

305443117_crtqus..JPG.48f47561c291f3e3af05c25e952e3464.JPG

So the have a baseline with which to compare the answers you make with respect to CRT.  If you are generally pissed off with life, then it is not unreasonable the you would score CRT poorly for example.

Nosey beggars, they are  supposed to be running the canal system, I would not waste my time, if they get no replies they might give up such nonsense.

Did they ask if you think the CRT are doing a good job ?  scale of one to ten so they can compare one year with the next year. Well they could ask if you think they are doing better than last year and do you think they will be better next year.

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No doubt one of the follow on questions will be :

"Where you near water yesterday ?"

A = Yes

Yes I brushed my teeth, ran the tap at the start and the end.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Then they will correlate your "yesterday I was happy" and "yesterday I was not anxious" and claim that being near water makes you happy and reduces anxiety. - "Making Life Better By Water" - Job-Done !!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

305443117_crtqus..JPG.48f47561c291f3e3af05c25e952e3464.JPG

So they can demonstrate to the Government that they are improving canal users wellbeing and hopefully continue to secure a grant in future years.

The alternative will be even lower maintenance standards and higher licensing fees.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, haggis said:

I find it a bit sad all this C &RT bashing. Like all organisations, there are good and bad bits and I don't blame them for trying to find out what they are doing well and where they could do better. As far as I am concerned, they are maintaining 200 + year old structures  which sometimes fail because of age and sometimes because of damage by boats and although they could probably sometimes do things better, they get very little thanks or praise when they do fix things quickly and allow us boaters to continue our trips with little disruption. But no, the anti C & RT brigade (some who don't even have a C & RT licence) pile in with their negative comments.  

It is so nice to read the occasional post in praise or C & RT but they are far outweighed by negative comments. It makes me wonder sometimes why some folk on here continue to boat if it as bad as they say. 

Haggis 

I don't have a licence but I am a stakeholder, as a UK citizen

These surveys take a while to construct and to analyse. It could be done online so much cheaper.. They cost money. They have minimal value. I know cos I did one at school in sixth form, and later at university and in business. If you have to ask, you don't know your business.

They just need to look on here if they want customer feedback.

However they have to prove to their paymasters that they are doing what they are tasked to do. Wellness and all that nonsense. I assume that is why they are doing. It's a hiding to nothing. 

If this country had a decent Educational service, NHS , transport policy, etc tc, there would be no need for all  the unwellness which has been created by successive governments.

It's not so much that I object to the surveys, it's the way they are presented to ensure "good results". These are not real surveys designed to harvest opinion in order to improve their business strategy.

If the idea is to create wellness in those of the public who live near a canal, why are they sending them out to boaters, who are not representative of the millions who use the towpaths..

In addition there are recreational [hobby boaters], and those who live on a boat because it is impossible to find good affordable accommodation where they work, , and numerous other reasons I have no doubt. These variables can hardly be correlated with wellness attributable to the CRT.

Edited by LadyG

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

These surveys take a while to construct and to analyse. It could be done online so much cheaper.. They cost money. They have minimal value. I know cos I did one at school in sixth form, and later at university and in business. If you have to ask, you don't know your business.

They just need to look on here if they want customer feedback.

However they have to prove to their paymasters that they are doing what they are tasked to do. Wellness and all that nonsense. I assume that is why they are doing. It's a hiding to nothing. 

If this country had a decent Educational service, NHS , transport policy, etc tc, there would be no need for all  the unwellness which has been created by successive governments.

It's not so much that I object to the surveys, it's the way they are presented to ensure "good results". These are not real surveys designed to harvest opinion in order to improve their business strategy.

The bit I have put in bold made me laugh! You don't really believe that what is said on here by what is a very small proportion of all boaters represents the view of the majority of boaters, do you?  You really need to get out more ? 

haggis

• Greenie 3

16 minutes ago, LadyG said:

If we don't have a licence with CRT but are British citizens north of the border are we then not stakeholders in BW/Scottish Canals rather than CRT ???

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

The bit I have put in bold made me laugh! You don't really believe that what is said on here by what is a very small proportion of all boaters represents the view of the majority of boaters, do you?  You really need to get out more ? 

haggis

I have no idea Haggis, I live too far from a canal to benefit from canal water wellness. I presume they have removed the dead cats from the Monklands canal? 

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

If we don't have a licence with CRT but are British citizens north of the border are we then not stakeholders in BW/Scottish Canals rather than CRT ???

If you come South, you will soon get mugged on a town centre or lock somewhere and become a friend..

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

We pay our taxes to Westminster so they can have Duck Ponds in their gardens paid for by the British taxpayer.