Dreaming, ?

LadyG

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Not mistreated by me Alan, obviously, I "sold" him and had to buy him back.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

39 minutes ago, magictime said:

If I won the lottery I might get a new one built, and I might buy a house for the winter and find various other things to spend money on, but I think a narrowboat would still be my number one thing I wouldn't be without.

And me.  After a couple of years NB ownership I'd love to go over to Crick this year and talk about commissioning a new build.  But the waterways are still ready to be explored in a slightly tatty 1980s 48ft trad. 

Edited by Jak

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

I've reduced the price several times.

I've tweaked the price. Several ways.

I've changed the agent twice.

It's nothing to do with my valuation, in my opinion it should about £80K, but I realise it's not.

The surveyor values the property at £70K, it has been marketed at £57K, and still no buyers, , there are more viewers in two months at offers over £62K with this agent than with two others in sixteen months at different prices. This agent does not want me to drop the price. It's not me who sets the price, we discuss it, we agree. I have asked them twice to think about reduction, they think it is a bad idea. But I will insist if there are no more viewers after Easter.

It is the market that sets the price not a valuer, you or the agent. If it wont sell it is priced too high unfortunately whatever you might think it is worth. 

11 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is the market that sets the price not a valuer, you or the agent. If it wont sell it is priced too high unfortunately whatever you might think it is worth. 

I know.

On 09/04/2019 at 19:04, nb Innisfree said:

It all sounds a bit complicated so I won't bother buying a ticket. Besides I once said to my son that buying a ticket increases your chance of winning, he responded by saying he'd heard it doesn't ? 

Of course it does increase it. With a ticket chance = 0.00000114*. With no ticket chance  = 0.0

1 in 14 million, if I have the correct number of zeros!

Edited by Mike Todd

39 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Of course it does increase it. With a ticket chance = 0.00000114*. With no ticket chance  = 0.0

1 in 14 million, if I have the correct number of zeros!

Far more people in the UK get murdered than win the lottery, so it always strikes me as odd the way some peeps think their chances of getting murdered are effectively zero, yet buying a lottery ticket is a Good Idea!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Far more people in the UK get murdered than win the lottery, so it always strikes me as odd the way some peeps think their chances of getting murdered are effectively zero, yet buying a lottery ticket is a Good Idea!

Most people don't buy one lottery ticket, they spend pretty much all left over cash every week. Plus there are lots of different lotteries ... the Irish one is very popular ,lots of smaller payouts AFIK

18 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Most people don't buy one lottery ticket, they spend pretty much all left over cash every week. 

Gambling addiction by the masses must be a Scottish thing. May explain why no one can buy your flat.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Most people don't buy one lottery ticket, they spend pretty much all left over cash every week. Plus there are lots of different lotteries ... the Irish one is very popular ,lots of smaller payouts AFIK

I would suggest that most people don't buy any lottery tickets. 

16 minutes ago, haggis said:

I agree! I think Lady G is again showing us that everyone is out of step but her ? 

haggis

This Lottery was started up by some greedy beggars to make a massive profit for themselves, they were supported by the Government of course, so the government were encouraging reckless gambling by the masses, something I  do not approve of, not  just that mindless gambling, but the interference and support by the government.

The government have a track record, eg diesel cars, then not diesel cars, now they are interfering with the betting shop industry , swingeing changes  to payouts, as if addicted gamblers can't spend all they have on online gambling.  

I know there are people who find gambling a bit of fun [I do], but I also think it should be kept out of places like supermarkets because it encourage people to think it is totally harmless, but for Society in general, it's not really beneficial. 

I don't need to follow the masses, baa-aa-aa ?‍♀️

image.jpeg.419dff776666f2357a43bcab96cb3e83.jpeg

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

Most? ie > 75%?

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

................. most people who buy lottery tickets don't just buy one per annum or per lifetime ..................

I bought a lottery ticket the first week they came out. I didn't win so I've never bought another one.

“Most” people aren’t weekly paid anymore so unlikely to spend all their left over cash on lottery tickets every week. I’d go as far as to say I don’t know anyone who does this.  I buy one every couple of months when I fancy being a Millionaire.  Not worked yet ?

6 hours ago, Jak said:

“Most” people aren’t weekly paid anymore so unlikely to spend all their left over cash on lottery tickets every week. I’d go as far as to say I don’t know anyone who does this.  I buy one every couple of months when I fancy being a Millionaire.  Not worked yet ?

Most known methods of becoming a millionaire are quicker and more reliable than buying lottery tickets.

I didn't spend a single penny on lottery tickets but got ~£5000 from them. The reason - there's the "other side" to the lotto, the idiot does the lotto and dreams of winning (because the odds are inevitably against them getting their money back). Where does the rest of the money go? It goes to good causes, arts, sports, etc. I got an Awards for All grant ages ago, and spent all the money, it was very satisfying and brilliant, I thoroughly recommend it.

PS I suspect the reason its not sold is because when you do a viewing you have 2 pencils stuck up your nose, and that one of the walls to the flat has "all tradesmen die" written in your own bodily fluids on it.

Edited by Paul C

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Some really strange people on here they ask for detail, and more detail,  then stick red hot mooring pins in your eyes.

I think this is on the wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by LadyG