Zipper extenders and canopy fastener extenders

brian1042

Featured Posts

Hello.

I am looking for a couple of things from UK suppliers and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. 

1. Zipper extensions. This is the first item in the pic. Essentially, it gives and extra inch or two by inserting an additional zip piece on canvas between the existing two sides of a canopy zip.

2. Fastener extenders. The type shown in the second picture is for snap fasteners but I have the lift the dot type, as per the third shot.

I have found both things easily available in the USA, but not in the UK. I can get four fastener extenders for around £35 on Amazon, but this is about five times the US price and way too expensive for my liking.

If needs be I will make my own, so no need to tell me about that, thanks. I am hoping to avoid it (arthritic fingers). I also already have a Top Snapper.

If anyone knows where to get the items I want in the UK it would be a great help.

Many thanks.

Fasteners.jpg

Edited by brian1042
Typos and extra info

Most chandlers have lift the dot fasteners and snaps (press stud in english)  in stainless steel. Ebay can supply everything as well. As to zip extenders I have never heard or seen them but maybe a camping and caravan shop may have similar.

11 minutes ago, Detling said:

Most chandlers have lift the dot fasteners and snaps (press stud in english)  in stainless steel. Ebay can supply everything as well. As to zip extenders I have never heard or seen them but maybe a camping and caravan shop may have similar.

Thank you. I am sorry if I did not explain properly. I have reread my post and think I am clear. I am not looking for dot fasteners and snaps. I am looking for fastener extenders, as per my original post. Do you know of any camping and caravan shop that has the zip extenders? You can be assured that before posting here I did an extensive search on the net.

1 minute ago, brian1042 said:

Thank you. I am sorry if I did not explain properly. I have reread my post and think I am clear. I am not looking for dot fasteners and snaps. I am looking for fastener extenders, as per my original post. Do you know of any camping and caravan shop that has the zip extenders? You can be assured that before posting here I did an extensive search on the net.

Maybe ask some of the canopy makers ?

I recently ordered these for my boat. They are currently o  their way to my boat from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PANYTOW-Zipper-Extension-Slider-Replacement/dp/B017W0Q1YE/ref=pd_sim_201_4/260-8504833-4093362?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017W0Q1YE&pd_rd_r=4ca20379-59f0-11e9-a1c5-e57361ece895&pd_rd_w=33f6Q&pd_rd_wg=eObOY&pf_rd_p=1b8636ae-4f21-4403-a813-e8849dd46de4&pf_rd_r=456DZBYHX013D2DWDWTY&psc=1&refRID=456DZBYHX013D2DWDWTY

Damn, just realised that you were looking for extensions to the actual zipper track, like the ones posted by Alan De Enfield.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

Fastener extenders would be easy to make up from a length of webbing and press studs. Any canopy suppler or repairer should be able to supply, or, alternatively, webbing and press studs are available on eBay.

35 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Fastener extenders would be easy to make up from a length of webbing and press studs. Any canopy suppler or repairer should be able to supply, or, alternatively, webbing and press studs are available on eBay.

Thank you.

As I stated in my original post, I am already aware of this. I am keeping this option in reserve.

40 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I recently ordered these for my boat. They are currently o  their way to my boat from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PANYTOW-Zipper-Extension-Slider-Replacement/dp/B017W0Q1YE/ref=pd_sim_201_4/260-8504833-4093362?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017W0Q1YE&pd_rd_r=4ca20379-59f0-11e9-a1c5-e57361ece895&pd_rd_w=33f6Q&pd_rd_wg=eObOY&pf_rd_p=1b8636ae-4f21-4403-a813-e8849dd46de4&pf_rd_r=456DZBYHX013D2DWDWTY&psc=1&refRID=456DZBYHX013D2DWDWTY

Damn, just realised that you were looking for extensions to the actual zipper track, like the ones posted by Alan De Enfield.

Thanks for trying. What Alan posted is basically the same as the picture in my original post.

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Shipping by USPS just $4.92, so no problem buying direct from the manufacturer. 

Yes. I think I will probably do that. I was hoping to find a UK supplier if possible.

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Why not just buy those?

I have already answered this. Thank you.