Living on the Forth & Clyde Canals

Donna

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, eid said:

I went to Scotland a few years ago to do the West Highland Way. I've never seen so much water in my life. It was coming from the sky, the earth, the sides of hills. It was everywhere! It really had an elemental feel to it. Amazing.

Then there were the midges. They weren't amazing. I'd like to do it again but I'll never go in midge season again.

We travelled up the west coast a few years ago in early August.  Nice place, but we thought if we went again we would go in the summer.

15 minutes ago, dor said:

We travelled up the west coast a few years ago in early August.  Nice place, but we thought if we went again we would go in the summer.

No good for ski-ing in summer, midgies from May to September, so it's a bit difficult to advise, a cruise perhaps?

3 hours ago, dor said:

I think they don't have midges so much on the coast anyway. Also the rain will be warmer ?

Edited by eid

3 hours ago, dor said:

What is this 'summer' that you speak of? I have heard of such legends...

That was quite interesting, approx 150 species. I  do recall a major attack when I was mountain bike touring: I was terrified coming down through a forest at about 20mph. through the forest to escape the booglies,  as it was dusk, and when I got to the road I was so sweaty  I was attacked by others, they had hard wing cases and were giants.