Outside tap/shower head

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

I know this seems a bit ott but are having a new build, anyone heard of an outside tap on a boat. Thinking of one to shower down the dog. Please no stupid comments just sensible constructive ones please

What an exellent idea. I have rigged up a dog shower that goes out through the bathroom window either side so can shower the dog with hot water straight from the shower cubicle inside. I see nothing wrong or stupid with an out side tap so long as sensibly positioned and easily isolated from inside the boat.

Edited by mrsmelly

1 minute ago, umpire111 said:

Tx, wondered about putting it on the bow close to tank with its own pump?

If you tee in to the system you should easily be able to utilize the domestic pump and if its a calorifier you could get at both hot and cold if you wanted with ease. On a new build you have no problems getting at it so do it whilst easy. Remember to lag any pipes well that are expose say in the front locker and an isolation valve so numpties cannot set it off. Obviously no where it will get knocked and ensure its not either a trip hazard or a snagging opportunity for mooring lines, anchor rope etc.

The majority of GRP cruisers have just such a system.

One of our boats has both Hot & Cold and a shower head that pulls out of the transom on an extending pipe..

The other boat is cold water only and has a dedicated pump and a diverter valve so I can use 'river water' as a deck wash or fire hose, or Potable water from the tank for a quick 'wash-down' of dog, human or boat.

A mate of mine has hot and cold taps with hosepipe fitting in his engine room, allowing him to wash the boat down.

He demonstrated them to me once, but the hose blew off the fitting ... :giggles:

ETA: I thought the idea was better than his plumbing, so I have a hot only hose fitting in my engine room.  I think I can get a cold water hose at any water point.

Edited by TheBiscuits

I used to always fit them on various 'Travel Vans' I built. AS mentioned already great for washing mud off things but remember the more you use the more often you have to replenish.

23 minutes ago, Clodi said:

I used to always fit them on various 'Travel Vans' I built. AS mentioned already great for washing mud off things but remember the more you use the more often you have to replenish.

A bit like batteries