Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
rusty69

£5 & £7.50 Giffgaff goodybags changing.

Featured Posts

Well, I guess it may suit some, but a 20% increase in cost for the £5 goodybag for minutes I won't use seems like a huge increase to me.Time to go shopping again.

Anyone got any good deals,low cost, low minutes with some texts and data (up to 150 mins/month)?

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/A-change-coming-to-goodybags-in-May-2019/td-p/23223081?utm_source=giffgaff&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-goodybag_OBC811_V3&ggCampaign=email-goodybag_OBC811_V3

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 11.29.13.png

Edited by rusty69

I hardly ever use mine either, but I'm not sure there's anything cheaper out there. I use another one for the card in the internet gizmo and the advantage for me is the lack of penalty as I only use it half the year. 

If you are that low a user go PAYG rather than goodybag.

I see this as a £7.50 bag user I can now go to £6 for more minutes ;)

45 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I hardly ever use mine either, but I'm not sure there's anything cheaper out there. I use another one for the card in the internet gizmo and the advantage for me is the lack of penalty as I only use it half the year. 

So far in my hunt for a new provider, I have found Lycamobile and 1pmobile and maybe 02 classic PAYG. Just need to compare the details before jumping ship.

43 minutes ago, Loddon said:

If you are that low a user go PAYG rather than goodybag.

I see this as a £7.50 bag user I can now go to £6 for more minutes ;)

Yep. It will benefit some users, and prompt others to request a PAC code:).

PAYG is 10p/min iirc, so no that cheap.I tend to buy a goodybag as and when required.

ETA.Just noticed it is now 15p/min!

Edited by rusty69

Good luck on finding cheaper. One of mine is on payg and costs me nothing even though it sends 25-30 txt a year to my other one.

Its in my heating controller. ;)

4 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Good luck on finding cheaper. One of mine is on payg and costs me nothing even though it sends 25-30 txt a year to my other one.

Its in my heating controller. ;)

Ta. I have 4 of them. It must cost something to run, as you need to top up by 10 quid to get the free gg to gg calls/texts.

Its the 20% price increase.It just winds me up. Though £1 isn't a massive amount....for no added benefit, it is.

One of mine is in a remote temperature monitor.

Edited by rusty69

36 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

. It must cost something to run, as you need to top up by 10 quid to get the free gg to gg calls/texts.

I can't remember the last time I topped up maybe 18 months / 2 years ago. Still doing free txts :)

Edited by Loddon

Just now, Loddon said:

I can't remember the last time I topped up maybe 18 months / 2 years ago. Still doing free txts :)

You are lucky then. Keep quiet about it, you must have a corrupted sim card:) 

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You are lucky then. Keep quiet about it, you must have a corrupted sim card:) 

Just been and looked

Last top up 4th June 2016

Payback 11 june 2018

Outage refund 29dec 2018

I think the last two count as top ups ;)

2 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Just been and looked

Last top up 4th June 2016

Payback 11 june 2018

Outage refund 29dec 2018

I think the last two count as top ups ;)

So, are the texts free (minus the refunds & payback), or did you just have loads of money on it in the first place?:giggles:

Edited by rusty69

I tend to relate everything to the cost of beer. Two pints a month and I don't have to bother about topping up... My phone doesn't do internet very well, so i just get a goodybag for the gizmo for the months I need it. 

20 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

So, are the texts free (minus the refunds & payback), or did you just have loads of money on it in the first place?:giggles:

Statement that came through by email  last week said 0 calls 0 txts and 0 data but I have used txt in the last month so I don't know.

Just delved deeper and I have been charged for 6 txt last month 

Right hand left hand springs to mind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

So far in my hunt for a new provider, I have found Lycamobile and 1pmobile and maybe 02 classic PAYG.

Add to that IDmobile.

Be aware 1pMobile download speed seems to be capped by EE to 20 Mbps, not a prob normally but just to quote:

"If you're someone who's into filesharing, downloading massive apps and watching UHD movies, 1p Mobile's speeds might not be enough"