Celebrity 5 Go Barging 2019

Jo_

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

As there was no CRT notification, obviously not. Probably just a lot of film crew, grips and runners making a nuisance of themselves.

Well as I don't know whether or not there was a CRT notification it was not obvious at all. 

Do you not get the CRT notifications on your emails? Or perhaps you do but not for that canal.

I seem to have most of the canals on closure notify these days as I kept adding them as we cruised but never knocked any off.

There do seem to be lots of them laterly......................

2 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Do you not get the CRT notifications on your emails? Or perhaps you do but not for that canal.

I seem to have most of the canals on closure notify these days as I kept adding them as we cruised but never knocked any off.

There do seem to be lots of them laterly......................

I do, but only for the canals that I frequent. I only add others if and when I plan to use them otherwise I'd be bombarded with notifications irrelevant to me.

Just the Oxford and GU seem to get me several stoppage notices most days.

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

They turned up in their posh city shoes, and a junior was sent to the shoe shop.  Said junior resented being used as a lacky so bought 3 pairs of the brightest blue they could find.

About six years ago my brother and his lady friend was meeting us in Banbury to spend a couple of nights with us. As we approached from the north and the shopping centre came into view, unmistakably, their was big brother in his blue and white hooped shirt, blue shorts and brand new,brilliant white trainers. Even have a bloomin' baseball cap on. What a plonker. Insisted he immediately to get changed into something Canal like not Thames like. Oh! How we laughed. 

Mr Tim and Mrs Pru were filming in the vincinity of Foulridge tunnel when we were there. We were moored as was their Hire boat. Crew arrived, they arrived and off they went. Me being me, waited. A good half hour to let them do their bit in the tunnel, anyway we caught them up, they were at the other end as we entered. Could hear conversations and see the lights. We stopped, killed the engine and switched the engine off. Ten or so minutes later off they went. We continued and as we left the tunnel they were moored just outside chatting etc.  Even before we could say hello or whatever as a whole group we were thanked for what we did.

As a footnote, they retired to the cafe to have brunch and wine and then they all dispersed. Hard life innit.

Im not one for being starstruck, but I reckon I could enjoy getting to know the pair. There, I've said it.   

Edited by Nightwatch

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

As a footnote, they retired to the cafe to have brunch and wine and then they all dispersed. Hard life innit.

When you say "they all dispersed" you obviously mean just the director, film crew etc, don't you?

Tim and Pru surely went back to the boat to start preparing their evening meal and then settle down for the night.

The way you've worded it some readers might get the impression T and P were driven off to the nearest 5* hotel.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I bet they sleep just one night on the boat, so when asked if they slept on the boat they can say ‘of course’.

Or just have 40 winks after a boozy lunch while they wait for the limo to arrive.

• Happy 1

• 1 month later...

Filming again this week on the Grand Union, Bill Oddie, Jenny Bond and 2 other c-list celebs who arent members of Extinction Rebellion.

Stopped at Stowe Hill "just for 20 minutes to stick some cameras on board"...an hour and a half of chaos later, the catering van turns up so they are turned off site.

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Filming again this week on the Grand Union, Bill Oddie, Jenny Bond and 2 other c-list celebs who arent members of Extinction Rebellion.

Stopped at Stowe Hill "just for 20 minutes to stick some cameras on board"...an hour and a half of chaos later, the catering van turns up so they are turned off site.

Sounds like a shoot! You should have charged them a facility fee. TV Production types do tend to think they can do as they wish. 

32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

For posterity, the other two are Pete Waterman and Anne Diamond, it could be worth giving the New Inn at Norton Junction a miss tonight if you want to enjoy your dinners.

Pete is of course heavily into trains so he may fit in well, Bill may point out all the damage our nasty boats are doing to the wildlife 

48 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Pete is of course heavily into trains so he may fit in well, Bill may point out all the damage our nasty boats are doing to the wildlife 

Hiring 3 boats and having at least 8 vehicles in the car park along with ordering lunch from Banbury and the driver being sent to 3 separate locations before he arrived here might be of more interest to him.

39 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Hiring 3 boats and having at least 8 vehicles in the car park along with ordering lunch from Banbury and the driver being sent to 3 separate locations before he arrived here might be of more interest to him.

No thats where the money comes from, remember which side the bread is buttered

18 hours ago, matty40s said:

Anyhow, while the film crew and stars were still messing around just padt the bridge at 15.30 yesterday, CRT had a full set of volockies waiting at the bottom of Buckby since 10am to whizz them through the locks.

Did they have their autograph books with them? ?

20 hours ago, matty40s said:

Anyhow, while the film crew and stars were still messing around just padt the bridge at 15.30 yesterday, CRT had a full set of volockies waiting at the bottom of Buckby since 10am to whizz them through the locks.

What a suprise , we have occasionally seen one walking down the flight to the cafe for his lunch

This week the Oxford Canal and the GU Stoke Bruerne to Braunston, last week the Scottish Lowland Canals – Bowling through to Edinburgh.

A slightly different format to the 5 Go Barging. Called "Barging Britain – Then and Now" I believe, the production company Ricochet (I'd like to be able to tell you they made the Tim and Pru series but sadly the only link is the freelance producer) worked very hard over five days filming preceded over the previous month by equally hard-working researchers setting up the shoots and locations.

I'm sure they won't get it all right but they listened carefully to what they were being told and expressed a great deal of appreciation for the help that members of the Lowland Canals' boating community gave them.

They hired two boats over the week – one for the 'boys' (Bill Oddie and Pete Waterman) and one for the 'girls' (Jenni Bond and Anne Diamond). The boats 'leapfrogged' along the waterway and as the girls filmed one encounter/interview, a second crew accompanied the boys doing likewise. Slick, efficient and a lot of hard work on everyone's part.

I can actually die happy in the knowledge that I have stood on a real live film set and, at the end of the final day's filming, heard the producer shout: "Cut. It's a wrap!!"

Edited by Up-Side-Down

Apparently, they made it to the bottom of Buckby and were then all whisked off to a hotel in Daventry for the evening whilst the crews took the boats up the lock. 

Wednesday, lots of filming up near Norton Junction and top lock, then the crews took the boats down to Braunston for some more filming. (you didnt think the celebs actually get their hands dirty did you....)