Celebrity 5 Go Barging 2019

Jo_

Featured Posts

Just now, mrsmelly said:

No body is good enough to wind me up to such an extent that I would need to ignore them, no one is on my ignore list. The real laugh is that Stilllearning our resident frog will not see this post unless someone quotes it ?

Nobody would do that though, shirley!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

No body is good enough to wind me up to such an extent that I would need to ignore them, no one is on my ignore list. The real laugh is that Stilllearning our resident frog will not see this post unless someone quotes it ?

What's an ignore list? (Or is it a colloquial term for the Delete button?)

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

No its not a delete button. You can chosse to put any poster on your ignore list then when they post you will not be able to see what they have typed unless you request to see it. In mho a waste of time as it makes a nonsense of any thread you may be following and its not life and death is it.

5 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

As an analogy, CWDF is akin to the BBC. It’s here to educate, Inform and entertain, but sometimes there are programmes you really don’t want to see, so you change channel, avoid them in other ways or turn off/over to Channel 4 etc. On the TV one is aware that there are idiots who one wishes to avoid, the same is true here.

ETA, the celebrities go barging programme is usually fun to look at so that one can shout at the screen.

Edited by Stilllearning
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

New Series is on Channel 5 this Friday 19th July at 9pm:

TRAVEL: Celebrity 5 Go Barging
On: Channel 5 (5)    
Date: Friday 19th July 2019 (starting in 4 days)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

Journalist Michael Buerk, actors Shaun Williamson and Amanda Barrie, singer Anita Harris and politician John Prescott unite for the gentlest of jaunts along Britain's most beautiful waterways, heading for the heart of Shakespeare country. After meeting and moving into twin narrowboats, the quintet discovers that there is a lot to learn about life on Caldon Canal in Staffordshire. Not only must they adjust to life in cramped conditions, but they must also learn how to steer a 60-foot hunk of floating metal. Despite both having Navy experience, John and Shaun keep crashing the barges and getting stuck.
(Subtitles, Premiere, Series 2, Episode 1)

Starring: Michael Buerk, Shaun Williamson, Amanda Barrie, Anita Harris, John Prescott, Nicky Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=5166

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Greenie 1

On 03/04/2019 at 17:41, Tim Lewis said:

It is all over Facebook that the celebrities including John Prescott were seen in the Black Lion at Consall Forge recently

We're moored by Bridge 50 tonight, where the Celebs were moored. Apparently, when Channel 5 asked to use the Black Lion via a phone call, they thought it was a windup, and told the caller to put the request in an email. 

The said it was a real fun occasion. The Black Lion was invaded by the 'behind the camera' people.  I'm looking forward to watching.

Caldon is enchanted, it's fabulous..... one big problem, especially where we are there's hardly any wifi, or phone signal. 

3 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Caldon is enchanted, it's fabulous..... one big problem, especially where we are there's hardly any wifi, or phone signal. 

That's a feature, not a bug!

Do both ends of the Y ... they are great for different reasons, but yes the Black Lion is somewhere special.

If time allows from Leek, go up to Rudyard Lake.  It's well worth the walk/bus journey/taxi fare.

• Greenie 1

21 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

We're moored by Bridge 50 tonight, where the Celebs were moored. Apparently, when Channel 5 asked to use the Black Lion via a phone call, they thought it was a windup, and told the caller to put the request in an email. 

The said it was a real fun occasion. The Black Lion was invaded by the 'behind the camera' people.  I'm looking forward to watching.

Surely that is one of its many advantages ?

I agree the Caldon is one of the best canals, pity the new housing at the beginning has changed the character so much. It used to go from urban dereliction to glorious countryside. There is slightly less contrast now.

19 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's a feature, not a bug!

Do both ends of the Y ... they are great for different reasons, but yes the Black Lion is somewhere special.

If time allows from Leek, go up to Rudyard Lake.  It's well worth the walk/bus journey/taxi fare.

Yes, people in the pub said they like having internet blackouts - I'm not too sure, perhaps therapy is needed :) 

Thanks for the tip about going to Leek... will pass this onto management :) 

What a great place! The pub is proud to be a total free house, the owner's a guest beer enthusiast with more than a dozen on tap. Lovely food, pleasant surroundings, and exceptionally friendly staff.

Amazing the pub doesn't have 'normal' road access.... 

3.jpg.368f14809751c6e8aad6c289d655ee64.jpg1.jpg.432e21e14317cc5698f959e8bdc87351.jpg

We timed it perfectly when we went - completely by chance, Black Dog Molly were having a dance out there just as we turned up.

Little BobBiscuits got a command performance of a hurdygurdy solo which utterly fascinated him, and got to wear a flowery hat and bash some sticks.  It was very exciting for a one year old!

20180628_193509.jpg

20180628_211254.jpg

• Happy 1

4 hours ago, Flyboy said:

No you don't, but some boaters might like to watch it just to see what the Caldon is like.

The reason I will watch it. It may even be quite good. Depends how 'silly' the 'celebrities' will be.

Edited by Nightwatch